lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-14-2010, 09:27 AM   #11
Just Bob
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Radio mutes when gas pedal is depressed

Okay unhooked the power antenna lead and it still does not work. Contacted PYLE radio as that is the manufacture. They said i may need an electrical noise filter on the ground side of my radio. Gonna try that next. Keep ya posted.
Just Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-14-2010, 05:16 PM   #12
Just Bob
Not Yet Wild

Question Re: Radio mutes when gas pedal is depressed

Cut the blue wire-power antenna from the rest. Still does the same thing. CD still works when pedal depressed but radio quits. Power still on but the radio does not make a sound.???????? Pyle Radio says maybe a electronic noise filter may work ????
Old 07-14-2010, 07:16 PM   #13
Reb2973
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Maybe it was damaged from hooking the blue wire up to the hot. Not sure. Does it play the radio while its sitting still? Maybe try to ground it to the frame and see it it helps. Might be getting all that noise from the battery being charged while the engine is running.
Reb2973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 07:28 PM   #14
FormerHR
Not Yet Wild

My Kenwood does the same thing, but my radio comes back on after a second or two and stays on while in motion. I just figured the battery is a little low and starting the cart drew it down too far.
FormerHR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 10:50 AM   #15
Just Bob
Not Yet Wild

It plays fine when sitting still. But unlike the kenwood it will not start up after a few seconds of running. I have to stop power off and then power on again to get the radio to play.i will try the ground on the frame and see if that helps.
Old 07-15-2010, 11:22 AM   #16
blake80
REAL MEN GET EM DIRTY

E-Z-GO

HEY GUYS, I USED TO COMPETE WITH CAR STEREOS, SO FIRST LET ME GO AHEAD AND SAY, BUY A GOOD RADIO. I KNOW THAT THESE ARE GOLF CARTS, BUT, SPEND A FEW MORE DOLLARS AND BUY QUALITY. IM SORRY, BUT PYLE, KENWOOD, SONY, BOSS, ETC... SUCK!!!!! I PURCHASED A ECLIPSE CD PLAYER FOR FOR $65 TO PUT ON MY CART, AND IT WORKS GREAT.

NEXT THING, IF YOU HAVE HOOKED UP THE ANTENNA WIRE TO THE BATTERY, YOU MAY HAVE DAMAGED THE RADIO. A GOOD GROUND IS VERY IMPORTANT FOR MAY REASONS. GROUNDING AT THE BATTERY IS NOT THE BEST PLACE. IT WOULD BE BETTER TO GROUND IT AT THE COMMON GROUND ON THE FRAME. MAKE SURE THAT YOU ARE USING THE CORRECT SIZE WIRE AND PUT A FUSE ON THE POWER WIRE WITH IN 12INCHES OF THE BATTERY.
blake80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 11:45 AM   #17
galloway
Gone Wild

Club Car

I agree with blake. I believe you have screwed the radio by putting the power att on the battery.

I also agree with buying quality radio's. The reason being is the amount of vibration you get with a golf cart, as they are not the smoothest riding things out there. hahaha.

Good luck. But it sounds like you need a new head unit.
galloway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 12:35 PM   #18
arcitech
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Two things you'll need for a good radio installation: 1.Directions, 2.Chassis ground. If you are mounted in the plastic/fiberglass dash, with all wires properly hooked up per the (1)directions, then you still haven't finished the install. The metal chassis of the radio must be grounded to the same electrical potential (GND, ground, negative, etc.) in order to work properly. All automotive stereos are mounted to a metal frame in the dash that is directly bolted or welded to the body of the car/truck and that in turn is connected via ground wires to the negative side of the battery or to a frame or engine bolt that is not rubber isolated from the battery negative terminal. When you don't have a chassis ground to the radio, there can be all kinds of problems and you are seeing one of the classic ones! Take a 12guage black wire and bolt it to the radio, there should be a mounting stud or screw hole on the back of the radio. Then run the wire to the negative terminal of your 12volt source. You should have great radio reception, maybe even better than expected.
arcitech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 02:57 PM   #19
Eric_H_E
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

one more thing to keep in mind, depending on where your antenna is mounted. Auto antennas are mounted to the finder of the vehicle, IE grounded. Might not hurt to ground your antanna to the radio also.
Eric_H_E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 04:56 PM   #20
Just Bob
Not Yet Wild

I'll try that and let you know!! Thanks guys for all the replies and ideas.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO