lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-17-2012, 12:43 PM   #1
gaxmode
Not Yet Wild

Default Help with LED state of charge meter

Hello I need some help hooking this up to my 06 txt pds.

There are four connectors.

I know top left goes to negative on the battery and top right goes to positive on the battery.. can i get some help as to where the two bottom wires connect to?

Does bottom right (c) connect to the hot terminal of the key switch?

Bottom right is (c), bottom left is (r)

" C (led enable)
When terminal c is applied and pin +&- connected, instrument works but led doesn't display. Led is enabled by connecting terminal c to high voltage (e.g. illumination switch)"

"R (relay)
R terminal has +4.5v output, and it cuts off the output when the instrument detects that the barrppttery is empty when #1&2 led flash in turns."

Edit:awesome I have only been a member for 5 days so I can't post pictures... grrr
gaxmode is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-17-2012, 02:05 PM   #2
Bowslayer
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Help with LED state of charge meter

If you have a photobucket account post it through photobucket.
Bowslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 02:35 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Sounds like you have a Curtis bar graph meter #906? That was the meter that inspired the search for a suitable digital LED meter. The Curtis 906 will reset to a new 100% value each time you recharge or it is disconnected. You should take a meter with you and check what the pack voltage is reading when the meter drops one bar, then 2 bars. This way you will have a reference for how far you are draining your battery pack.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg curtis meter install.JPG (183.6 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 02:55 PM   #4
gaxmode
Not Yet Wild

Awesome so basically this meter is useless and doesn't show the actual charge of the batteries..?

I tried to link to my photo bucket but it won't let me use any links until 7 days of membership.

I got it off amazon, search " 36 Volt Battery Gauge, Status Indicator w/relay output - Golf Cart" sorry I can't post links.. thanks for replies.

I don't think that is a Curtis meter as the pins aren't labeled 1-4... in my case how would I wire terminal c and terminal r?
Old 06-17-2012, 03:03 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

It's way better than nothing, but it falls short of accurate info. I suggest you calibrate it with your meter. Note where it drops one bar, 2 bars, etc.
Print out this chart for reference.
Battery state of charge is measured in Voltage, commonly 10ths of a volt. Which is why I went with the digital gauge ultimately. It is real-time information and acurate load testing results on the run.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SOC-new-print-003.jpg (62.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-17-2012, 03:08 PM   #6
gaxmode
Not Yet Wild

so terminal r does not need to be hooked up correct? That just supplies additional power to any additional inputs you may need?
Old 06-18-2012, 05:36 AM   #7
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Click on ScottyB's link to his website and buy a "real" battery gauge. His sig even has a photo of one.

Your batteries are a HUGE investment, might as well get your money's worth.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 11:29 AM   #8
gaxmode
Not Yet Wild

Saw that after I ordered the one i currently have. If it was my cart I would buy that one no doubt, but its my moms boyfriend's and he tends to be a bit on the cheap side... I keep trying to tell him that a little bit of money now saves a bunch in the long run.. he doesn't want to listen... so... I guess I'll be getting brand new batteries soon... sigh.. by the way just an update: I have the meter hooked up and working, tested it to be sure but I have to run the wiring today and go get some replacement rivets for the key switch panel..
Old 06-18-2012, 11:32 AM   #9
gaxmode
Not Yet Wild

I guess I'll just have to invest my money into this cart, which technically isn't mine but I use it up the campground more than everyone else.
Old 06-18-2012, 01:33 PM   #10
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

You can get the push rivets at an Ezgo dealer. Some guys use pop rivets or sheet metal screws.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO