lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-06-2013, 09:57 AM   #1
ericboedicker
Not Yet Wild

Default g2 driven clutch assembly questions

I'm putting a new driven clutch witch a power spring on my g2 and the stock spring stays out and is replaced with the power spring but the power spring doesn't have tips on it to go in the pre loading holes I was woundering what kept the helix and sliding sheave from hitting each other on the side that doesn't have the plastic shoes
ericboedicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-06-2013, 11:46 AM   #2
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: g2 driven clutch assembly questions

It would only hit there if you ran the engine backwards. That spring will have way more pressure (static pressure) than the stock spring to make up for preload. The preload (twist) makes the ramps work better, meaning they shift down more. It will keep rpm higher at part throttle the more you preload. At full throttle there is little difference.

I stretched out my stock spring longer but did not like lots of preload it took more gas and made more noise. I do have it more than stock now because the clone stumbles a little with it really low (if I gas it hard) while the stock engine was fine with it. You can also buy a spring for the limo carts that is heavier.

But if you have that one be careful putting it in and make sure you have the spacer behind the clutch and your nut is new or in good condition. They can strip old nuts out and the sheave flies off so put the cotter pin in there.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:58 PM   #3
ericboedicker
Not Yet Wild

Thanks, Yea that makes sense I have all new clutch kit I'm putting on this weekend the one on it now that I am replacing is knocking and clanking and making all kinds of noise I want to try the power spring out so I bought one too hopefully it will get more agressive in the woods
ericboedicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:52 PM   #4
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

The springs help them but if you get wrong ones they can limit top speed. They are harder to put in make sure you read up on that.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha