lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-19-2013, 07:09 PM   #1
dragnframe
Getting Wild

Default What can you tell me about this cart?

I was looking at a ez go and the guy sold it the day before I was going to go get it. So, I found this one and dont know much other then its a yamaha. I think its been sitting for awhile, I dont know what year its is, if its a 4stroke or 2stroke. I know he says its missing the seat. So what can you guys tell me about this cart? I know its hard from just pictures but anything would help. Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ycart1.jpg (44.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg ycart2.jpg (48.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg ycart3.jpg (48.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg ycart4.jpg (48.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg ycart5.jpg (48.0 KB, 0 views)
dragnframe is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-19-2013, 07:15 PM   #2
rwt101
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: What can you tell me about this cart?

From what I know it looks like a 2 cycle g1. That's about all I can tell you.
Bob T
rwt101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:27 PM   #3
BigEd358
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Yep, looks just like my 1979 G1. To know for sure, look for the VIN on the rear cross member that runs over the rear end. It's a strong cart and can be modified. Take a look at the threads in the forum for G1's specifically to get some ideas of what can be done to these carts.
BigEd358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:36 PM   #4
dragnframe
Getting Wild

What would you guys say is your best guess at what is would be worth? lets just say it donesnt run, I dont know if it does or doesnt at this point.
Old 01-19-2013, 07:41 PM   #5
BigEd358
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragnframe View Post
What would you guys say is your best guess at what is would be worth? lets just say it donesnt run, I dont know if it does or doesnt at this point.
As a non-runner, I'd say about $150 - $350. I picked my barn find, non-runner for $150. It could be more depending on the condition.
BigEd358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:46 PM   #6
ice329
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Its a G1 Yamaha 2 stroke. hard to say year but around 1980 give or take just a few. Few things look to be missing but if you can be sure the motor works, the cart is a great cart. there is a lot of tinkering to get it right but once you do, You will love it no question. I see them go all day long for 1000 if you could ever find them more if its running and in good shape. i wouldnt go to 1000 on that one because you will spend some money and time to get it right. but if nothing major is wrong its prob still worth several hundred. Its yamahas first 2 stroke and they built them to last, plus i dont even know... is it a classic yet? heheh if its close enough to me i will buy it (-:
ice329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 09:09 PM   #7
dragnframe
Getting Wild

Ice, What all do you see missing besides the seat?
Thanks for everybodys help so far.
Old 01-19-2013, 09:15 PM   #8
ice329
Getting Wild
Yamaha

there is a console that holds a few things like the key and choke that fits along the steering column. that might be hard to find, prob can do without it. like you said the seats and there will be things like the fuel system prob needs replacing meaning the gas lines etc. then you have to worry if it works electically. hard to tell from pics but it does look half way decent from the pics, there tough but can be tricky till you get them right.
ice329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:37 AM   #9
dragnframe
Getting Wild

Found a g2 cart so the guy says, they say it won't start but turns over if you jump the sol. Which one would you guys think is a better cart? They are with in a hundred bucks asking price.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (40.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-21-2013, 01:39 PM   #10
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

I like the G2 better because it has a 4 stroke engine. The G1 has a 2 stroke engine.

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha