lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-14-2014, 12:16 AM   #11
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Where to land "Logic Power" wire after new install

well I did the same thing and disabled the BEEPER.....I KNOW when I am going backwards.

grrrrrrrrr even though the diagram he posted......its not matching up with what you have wired up on your cart. what controller do you have?
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-14-2014, 12:22 AM   #12
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoythunter141 View Post
I do see an MS3 now that I looked but it is in my foot switch. I don't show any wires going from MS2 to MS3 on my diagram. Mine is a 95 Medalist. My MS3 has a red wire that goes to the positive side of the solenoid and also the #1 spade on the controller. Then a green wire going to the key switch.
sorry......I meant MS4.....the other switch on the F&R......well I am really sorry I haven't been much help......its incredibly hard to do this all in type....not being able to actually look at your cart.....WE have a true resident expert, his name is JohnnieB, hopefully is will be in tomorrow and get you fixed up......cause if he can't....NOBODY can!
Old 02-14-2014, 12:48 AM   #13
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

hoyt....I just downloaded the diagram from Altrax for a AXE for series, for 94-2000. and what has me confused is you started this thread out with the title LOGIC POWER in the title....and what had me going is that LOGIC POWER, as you can see on their diagram, is the term they use for the small RED wire that goes back and connects to the side of the charging receptacle via the white pig tail. which you said you don't have.

94 to 2000-AXE-EZGO-Wire-Dia.jpg
Old 02-14-2014, 07:29 AM   #14
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Sounds like you have a 95 Medalist Series Drive without a Reed switch.
The B+ source for the KSI (Key Switch & Interlocks - aka Solenoid Activation Circuit) is the solenoid's battery side large terminal just like it was originally. The Alltrax schematic shows a cart that had a factory installed Reed Switch, so it doesn't apply to your cart.

The KSI circuit should start at the battery side large terminal on the the solenoid, go through MS-2 on F/R assembly, go through Key Switch, go through MS-3 (Pedal switch) and then split. One leg goes to one of small terminals (Coil) on the solenoid and the other goes to Pin-1 on AXE controller. (Highlighted on attached Alltrax schematic that has been edited.)

The jumper from MS-2 to MS-4 feds B+ to the beeper and to Pin-4 on AXE controller (Half speed mode).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Medalist Series - No Reed Switch - Schematic.JPG (72.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg AXE in EZGO - No Reed Switch.JPG (170.3 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 07:48 AM   #15
hoythunter141
Not Yet Wild

Thanks guys for the help. I will try this as soon as I get home from work. I thought I tried landing it on the battery side large terminal and it dang near melted my wires. I will look this afternoon though and try it again. Thanks again. I will be back. I can see that I have found the right 2 guys already.
hoythunter141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 08:06 AM   #16
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Thanks Johnnie......I KNEW you could hook him up.......and now I have a few more diagrams and some more knowledge, so maybe I could be a little more help, lol. If I had had them last night maybe I could have gotten him fixed up last night. btw.......YOU THE MAN!!
Old 02-14-2014, 08:58 AM   #17
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
Thanks Johnnie......I KNEW you could hook him up.......and now I have a few more diagrams and some more knowledge, so maybe I could be a little more help, lol. If I had had them last night maybe I could have gotten him fixed up last night. btw.......YOU THE MAN!!
Something to remember when upgrading, only upgrade one thing at a time.

Sometimes it isn't possible to do upgrades separately and doing things one at a time may involve more work, but it sure makes troubleshooting easier if the upgrade doesn't work.

Needless to say, I learned this lesson the hard way more times than I care to admit.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 09:23 AM   #18
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
Something to remember when upgrading, only upgrade one thing at a time.

Sometimes it isn't possible to do upgrades separately and doing things one at a time may involve more work, but it sure makes troubleshooting easier if the upgrade doesn't work.

Needless to say, I learned this lesson the hard way more times than I care to admit.
I totally agree.....and took the lessons that others learned and applied them.....and learned it all here. when I did my upgrade.....it was TOTAL. the only thing that was used was the wiring from the key switch, the "gas " pedal, and the charger port. it want as smooth as silk.
Old 02-14-2014, 09:28 AM   #19
hoythunter141
Not Yet Wild

OK I will remember that if I ever try this again. LOL When I looked at the wiring diagram on paper it looked simple to me so I had all of my old stuff tore out before my new setup even came in the mail. Guess I should have waited. What's done is done now though. Just ready to see what this setup will really do. I guess while I am waiting I have a couple of more questions if yall don't mind. 1) Is there not a quick way that the controller and solenoid can be "bench" tested to see if they are bad out of the box maybe? 2) I assume the wire that this discussion is about is what is causing nothing to happen when I push the gas pedal. If I get home and I try to land it on the battery side large terminal on the solenoid and it does cause a big spark and melt my wires what is my next troubleshooting step? I can't say thank you enough for you all helping me. Yall just hang in there with me and don't get frustrated with me. LOL I will definitely make a good donation to the site after we get this thing fixed.
hoythunter141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 09:57 AM   #20
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Be aware that if you've already gotten big sparks trying to connect the Alltrax controller it may be damaged. If this is a DCS cart, you should have a DCX control for this cart. Can you confirm which controller you have?
Can you post a picture of the controller and the forward and reverse switch?
That would help a lot…
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO