lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-06-2014, 10:23 AM   #1
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Default TXT Batt Box's to squeeze in 2 more

I "found" a few EZ-GO single battery box mounts somewhere on the internet (maybe I shouda looked on Al Gore's interwoven net?) that cost around $35 or so. You know....not the ones that were in the $200 price range.

All I want to do is "move" my two T-105's that now reside in the bagwell and get 'em under the seat. I have room for one on each side since I now have replaced my F\R switch with ScottyB's F\R contactor switch (the best thing in the world...almost) and my plan is to move the contactor switch right above the motor. Then I can move my 12-V light\winch battery to the bagwell. (Yeah....it's just what I wanna do)

So....I know one of youse guyse know where I can get a battery box for around $35. I think it was plastic....and maybe it was one where if I cut it in half, I could use half on one side and half on the other for both bat's. But....maybe I was just dreaming that part.

Dave
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-08-2014, 05:53 PM   #2
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Default Re: TXT Batt Box's to squeeze in 2 more

Ok.....so like since NOBODY gave me an answer, I spent weeks....well, days....well, at least half-an-hour using Google and found THIS http://www.shopezgo.com/products/Battery-Tray.html type of plastic battery tray.

I figure I could buy two....one for the left side and one for the right side....and that should work.

Thoughts? Opinions?
Old 03-08-2014, 06:09 PM   #3
kellybell
So wild it hurts!

E-Z-GO

Just a thought. Why don't you ask what others have done with their aux batteries and see the ideas you get? Just thinkin out loud......
kellybell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 06:22 PM   #4
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

I had a gasser and their batteries are much smaller. It's hard to tell from the description, but I'm guessing it's for a cranking battery.

Also, the left and right side trays are mirror image. I tried flipping over the passenger tray, but it won't fit. Rather than making a right and left side tray, they simply flip the tray on the passenger side.

The drivers side tray only needs a hold-down. The passenger tray simply needs a spacer. I used wood, but would recommend plastic.

I had to move my controller and shorten my FNR.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 06:31 PM   #5
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Here's mine:

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...-question.html
Old 03-08-2014, 08:51 PM   #6
Knothead
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Find a friend with a wire welder & get him to fab up a couple of battery trays out of 1/8" angle-iron. Took me all of 30 minutes to cut the pieces & weld them up (of course, I have a chop-saw & welder!)......
Knothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 08:57 PM   #7
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

But I did mine without removing the body. I bought the rivet kit, then thought "what a pain" to put it back together. I have over a dozen wires running up both roof supports, so I decided to try it a different way.
Old 03-08-2014, 09:32 PM   #8
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
That look's do-able. And do-able without removing the body of my cart. I'll need to get some battery hold down's.
Old 03-08-2014, 09:39 PM   #9
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

ScottyB's mod is probably a LOT faster and easier, if you don't mind removing the body.

Edit: easier than my mod. Dunno about Knothead's.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO