lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-08-2014, 08:57 PM   #1
TreeBass
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 91' Marathon 4" lift and 20" tires build

So what started as a simple day project, ended up being a two day event.

4" block lift, since options are limited for a marathon, and I primarily use this off-road, I just needed a bit more than a stock lift to get around the ranch without worrying about ripping out something from underneath.

New tires and an old one

Before lift and tires

Jacked it up

Remove front end (seems like just a month or two ago I installed this new one)

Biggest issue was getting the "drag link" ball joint out. I had issues with the bolt spinning. Ended up soaking in liquid wrench, and using a set of vice grips to apply enough pressure to stop the spin.

I then ended up drilling out the spindle arm to get the same ballpoint stud to seat properly. After that, it was a simple bolt on

Jacked the rear up, and had to remove the cover plate over the back end. Which meant I had to remove my bed to actually get it out of the tight space it was wedged into. (Not my blood, last pig I shot. Cleaned everything as I went )

This shock will need replacing, ended up using a strap wrench to get the upper nut off. If I didn't have a buddy assisting today, this would have been a show stopper

I did a lot of reading up here, and found that one thing not addressed in the minimal instructions, was the axle and engine rotating. So ended up using the jack to support the diff, and hooked up each side individually, then torqued everything down.

Working on the other side

Test drive by my driver

Next project, a $400 dollar box of goodies from Scotty

Last edited by TreeBass; 03-08-2014 at 09:04 PM.. Reason: Added pic
TreeBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-08-2014, 11:27 PM   #2
Slamminsam
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 91' Marathon 4" lift and 20" tires build

looking good treebass
Slamminsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO