lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-21-2014, 11:16 AM   #1
av8erdunn
Not Yet Wild

Default Has anyone tried the liquid battery refurb/ repair?

I am trying to avoid having to buy new batteries right now and was curious as to if any one has tried any of the liquid battery repair you can buy. Right now I can only go about 5 miles before I need to recharge the cart and would be happy if I could get a few more miles from it prior to a recharge. Any advice would be appreciated.
av8erdunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-21-2014, 11:21 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Has anyone tried the liquid battery refurb/ repair?

If magic battery repair worked nobody would be buying new batteries.

Some people have had their battery life marginally extended with these products but all ended up buying new batteries in the end.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 11:29 AM   #3
crash test dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
If magic battery repair worked nobody would be buying new batteries.

Some people have had their battery life marginally extended with these products but all ended up buying new batteries in the end.
that is the key statement .. life extended not run time extended .. i had some success but don't recommend it
Old 04-21-2014, 11:38 AM   #4
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

it helped a little bit but not enough not to buy new ones. if you cant afford new batteries right now then this may by you a little time. for a few buck add it, then start charging like you are doing a brand new battery break in process and then hope for the best. if anything you learn the break in process so when you get new one you already how to do it .
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 01:09 PM   #5
av8erdunn
Not Yet Wild

I realize it isnt a magic repair for old batteries but I was hoping to just get a little more range out of it for another month or so of weekend use. Basicly I guess as stated, it will not give m cart any more range but at best it will make it live a little longer if anything at all.
av8erdunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 03:11 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Charging the bejesus out the pack might get you that. Check water levels and charge. When the charger finishes, unplug and replug. When it finishes the 2nd cycle drive the cart around the house oncce and put it back on the charger.. do that a few times .
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car