lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-04-2014, 09:16 AM   #1
mtaswt
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Charger not charging

I am having trouble getting my charger to charge my batteries. What's strange is sometimes it will work, while other times it does nothing. Is there anyway to test my charger, or is there something else that is keeping my charger from working like a solenoid or something? I'm pretty sure my batteries are good, because when it does charge I get a full charge on them....38+ volts. And I don't think they are undercharged where the charger won't read...I'm at a loss. Any help or suggestions is greatly appreciated.

Thanks Matthew
mtaswt is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-04-2014, 10:44 AM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Charger not charging

Clean/adjust the auxiliary contact in the charger's plug and the outside of the negative radsok in the cart's receptacle.
That is where the charger senses the battery pack's voltage.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 02:15 PM   #3
mtaswt
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I'm not sure this is the issue although I will clean them cause they have never been cleaned before.

The charger will sometimes kick on and stay on for a few minutes, but then it will shut off.

any other advice???
mtaswt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 03:23 PM   #4
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

What year and model is your cart? Also what charger do you have? Not knowing either of these, I would suggest doing what "JohnnieB" said, and check the connections of both the charging receptacle on the cart, all the battery connecting cables, and the terminals in the charger plug itself. You are getting a poor connection somewhere. Just a thought too, what does the ammeter on the charger read before it shuts off? Does it show 0, very high (25amps), or is it normal (18amps or so).
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 09:10 AM   #5
vinper
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

start with the chargers owner manual , lots of possibilities
vinper is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO