lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-20-2015, 02:36 PM   #1
leevubehind
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Motor or Gears?

Okay I have a ezgo TXT series cart current upgrades are
converted to 48v -6x8v, alltrax 484400, super duty solenoid, reverse contacts, 2 gauge cables, 14x7 rims w/23" tires, jakes long travel looking for 30-35mph. wondering if high speed gears 8-1, or motor what next or both possibly torque motor w/ gears or just motor or gears looking for ideas
leevubehind is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-20-2015, 05:17 PM   #2
crash test dummy

Default Re: Motor or Gears?

Quote:
Originally Posted by leevubehind View Post
l looking for 30-35mph.
you do know that high speeds with lift and big tires are not good ?

if you want speed lower it for safety
Old 11-20-2015, 06:13 PM   #3
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Carts are not stable at those kinds of speeds. I don't want mine going more than 25.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 06:25 PM   #4
leevubehind
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

that's one of the reasons I installed a Jakes long travel kit wider stance
leevubehind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 08:11 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The stock 2.5 hp motor should be upgraded first and then if you have power to spare go for the gear change. Call PQ they are the hi-speed shop.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 12:12 PM   #6
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

I would not suggest high speed gears on a lifted/big tire cart (unless its a "show cart/parking lot cruiser" with zero heavy duty use). If you want speed go with a motor. With your current setup & a motor, you should have no problem getting what you want.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 12:26 PM   #7
rbuggies48IN
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Interested to hear from the Jakes long travel lifted owners where they see main control problems at the speeds you want to achieve. I would think on a straight away you would be fine unless you have to make a quick steering maneuver and that the corning would be the main challenge. Also, did you mention a set of disc breaks or the addition of front brakes? Brakes will also need an answer from the experienced experts, as I only have an upgraded golf cart that goes 28 mph on the flat, but will eventually reach this speed on some decent inclines (plum quick motor upgrade and ever-so-slightly larger rear tires with standard drum breaks - which leave me very cautious at my top end speed).
rbuggies48IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 09:03 AM   #8
benjylafond
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I have a 48v TXT Series with D&D High Speed Motor and 6:1 high speed gears. 12in wheels w/ 50 series tires, Alltrax SPM48500 and Scotty's heavy duty F&R and Solenoid. Installed Jakes Long Travel lift kit to improve ride (my cart is a golf course cart - not a hunting buggy). Had a friend drill machine some new holes on lift kit so I could lower the front end down to only about a 3' lift. Put 2' rear spacers on back wheels. My cart will run 35. Before I lowered it and put the spacers on the back it was **** scary, now it is very stable with the extra width.
benjylafond is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO