lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-13-2016, 06:03 PM   #11
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Trojan, Duracell, DEKA Batteries?

If you decide to go to 42V or 48V, you'll need to get a charger, so get a DPI Accusense, which will charge all brands of batteries.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-14-2016, 10:22 AM   #12
lugster
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

i don't plan on 48v, are you happy (IE worth it?) with your 42 v? I think you mentioned in the past the DCS does well on 42 v. also I have a rural king nearby, i'm going to see if they have your exide batts.
lugster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 11:49 AM   #13
Tbirddipp
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I just bought my T-105's for $109 each.
Tbirddipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 01:08 PM   #14
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

A DCS running a DCX400 on 42V with stock height tires is a wicked combination.

A Stock DCS motor has a little more torque and a little less speed than a stock PDS motor, so its top speed will probably be in the mid-20's rather than the upper-20's, but will have better acceleration and won't slow as much going uphill.

I'm very happy with my 42V setup, but I built it to have a 30+ mile range and no longer need that much range. Due to changes in Local ordinances, I can no longer drive my cart (legally) on a couple roads I need to travel on to get to where I needed the extended range for.

If I had to do going to 42V over again, I'd would have went with the Exide GC-135 (226AH) instead of the GC-145 (245AH) and saved a few dollars as well as a few pounds of weight.

I had to special order my batteries, but it only took a few days for them to come in.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Exide GC batteries.jpg (216.3 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 04:36 PM   #15
bdsii
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

In case it helps anyone with price comparison, I have been getting battery prices most of the day and Trojan T-105s in the Huntsville Alabama area are running from $115 to $129 with core exchange plus tax. I have found a couple of places within 30 miles that are selling them for $100 and $105 with core exchange plus tax. I was quoted Crown batteries for $85, Powertrons for $92 and US Batteries for $119. I have not seen the Batteries Plus 6V batteries go as low as noted above even when I account for the online discount. I was coming up with $114 after discount (215 AH). I will go with the Trojan T-105s for about $100 each even if I have to travel a bit. Hope this helps.
bdsii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 10:39 PM   #16
lugster
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

thanks for all the replies! I am leaning towards the duracell (deka) 230 AH for $98, 64 lbs. The deka's I am replacing are going on their 10th summer. Probably won't order them until May, who knows what the prices will be then!
Old 06-26-2016, 09:36 PM   #17
wildbil645
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by lugster View Post
Got a quote for Red T-105 for $114, 225 amp hours 20 hr. rate, 62 lbs,

versus

Deka Duracell SLIGC115, 230 amp hours, 64 lbs, $98.

I was maybe going to call on US Battery US125XC, 242 amp hours, 67 lbs, I think there is a distributor near.

Thanks for all the help!!
what battery's did you end up going with? I was looking at the Duracell SLIGC115 and wanted to know if you have any problems?
wildbil645 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 08:58 AM   #18
MrDiode
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

i have the duracell SLIGC115 and the extra AH over the trojans is noticeable. just as good of a warranty AND you can use batteries+ coupons on them. think my total was right at or possibly less than $600 AFTER tax w/ core return for all 6 last august.
MrDiode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 09:50 AM   #19
lugster
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I went with DEKA SLIG115, very happy so far (6 weeksish), broke them in correctly this time, have not used any acid, run time improved over the break in period. Like the $98 price (ordered on line, pick up at batteries +, saved 10%, also has one year free exchange). The set I replaced were DEKA's from NAPA I purchased early in 2007 (only 215 AH for like $69 each) and they lasted 9.5 seasons. also the SLIG115 has the speed venting caps which are cool. Highly recommended!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO