lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-20-2016, 10:38 PM   #11
270Handiman
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Sounds like 'if money were no object', a controller, solenoid, 2ga cables, and a bump to 48 volts would be just what the dr. ordered.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
270Handiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-21-2016, 09:01 AM   #12
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO Series

Taller tires are harder to turn, so the drive system has to work harder to accelerate to and maintain a speed. To work harder, a motor draws more amps, so the entire amp deliver system (Batteries, cables & connections, solenoid, F/R switch and controller), as well as the motor, will run hotter.

To get a 3 or 4 MPH speed increase, you'd have to go to 22" or 23" tires and lift the cart, which isn't cheap and the amp draw would increase by about 18% or 22% and if anything in the amp deliver system was up to par, you would soon find it.

Being driven on flat lands helps, but being driven by kids makes the possibility of burning out something worse.

Not going more than 20" only gives you about a 1.5 MPH increase in speed, but doesn't require a lift and the drive system is more likely to last longer.

If more speed is needed, do it right and replace the controller and up the battery pack voltage to 42V or 48V.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 09:08 AM   #13
paintdude96
Been Wild Since Day 1

E-Z-GO

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...st-button.html

check this out . something you might be interested in picks up a little more speed
paintdude96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 09:36 AM   #14
skipsmith521
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Johnnieb

So to do this the right way...

You could lift the cart and put on 23 inch tires, but you would still need to put in upgraded controller, selinoid, cables, go to 42v or 48v ???

Would it still need a motor upgrade?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
skipsmith521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 10:04 AM   #15
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipsmith521 View Post
Johnnieb

So to do this the right way...

You could lift the cart and put on 23 inch tires, but you would still need to put in upgraded controller, selinoid, cables, go to 42v or 48v ???

Would it still need a motor upgrade?

Personally, I wouldn't lift a cart, which raises the center of gravity on a short wheelbase, narrow track vehicle.

But to answer your question, with 23" tires you ought to upgrade controller, solenoid, cables and F/R switch to handle the increased amps.

Going to 42V or 48V is optional, but you'd get a 16.7% increase in both speed and torque at 42V and 33.3% at 48V.

Motor is also optional. If it was used in hilly terrain, a high-torque motor would be desirable. On flat land, a high-speed motor would work.

Sir Nuke is running a AMD 7126 motor at 36V with a beefed up amp delivery system and 23" tires. IIRC he's getting 25+ MPH. Give him a yell and he might have some insight on the best way to go.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 10:08 AM   #16
rottie
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Also if you go faster then, the cart becomes more unstable/unsafe.
Make sure steering is tight with no slop. We were all kids once and you know what will happen.
rottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 10:45 AM   #17
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
This cart is going to be a street cart on all flat streets...mainly for his kids.

I think if he had some way to increase 3 or 4 mph without going to alot of expense he would do it.

Are you saying increasing the tire size alone is not recommended or will it damage something else?

skip.....seeing as this is going to have kids turned loose in it, I would not EVER lift it, for the fact that has already been mentioned us that the faster you go, the more instable it is. Don't put yourself in a spot to get a call that the kids have turned over the cart and are at the hospital. and if the kids you are talking about are teenagers, you can bet your last dollar they WILL be running it as fast as they can, at some point in time.

Sure I have a Hi-speed motor and its lifted, but I am mostly the only person that drives my cart, and my teenage grandsons have been given VERY strict rules on its use, I went so far as to show them how easy it will throw them out of it and be on its side before you know it. but they don't even ask very often as they KNOW what would happen if they screwed up "Grandpa's" cart....LOL

so with all that said....for street use only, and on flat roads, to get up to the 20+ range, and to make your cart reliable as well, you will require to upgrade the Controller, the Solenoid, the F&R Switch, all Hi-Current Cables, and a Hi-speed Motor.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 11:41 AM   #18
skipsmith521
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Definitely sounds like a series cart is expensive to increase the speed... I think if we could get 17 or so mph at a reasonable cost, it would be something to look at..

However, it sounds like a catch 22, if you upgrade the tires, you have to lift it and upgrade controller and so forth.

Old 03-21-2016, 12:05 PM   #19
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Definitely sounds like a series cart is expensive to increase the speed... I think if we could get 17 or so mph at a reasonable cost, it would be something to look at..

However, it sounds like a catch 22, if you upgrade the tires, you have to lift it and upgrade controller and so forth.

Just like your car or truck the vehicle is engineered to perform a certain task with the sum of components originally assembled. Stop and digest that for a moment

If you put bigger tires on the cart or double the seating you greatly change the performance equation that was originally engineered for the motor and controller. The bigger tires increase the motor workload which requires more amperage, which requires a larger controller, which requires a larger solenoid, which requires a larger cable, which requires a larger F&R switch. These upgrades continue until the whole system is again engineered for the task at hand.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 02:42 PM   #20
skipsmith521
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Let me see if I am following this correctly? In other words...

The toe bone connected to the heel bone,
The heel bone connected to the foot bone,*
The foot bone connected to the leg bone,
The leg bone connected to the knee bone,
The knee bone connected to the thigh bone,
The thigh bone connected to the back bone,
The back bone connected to the neck bone,
The neck bone connected to the head bone.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO