lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-21-2016, 06:21 PM   #21
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ez Go TXT won't move

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinEZGo View Post
It never drops to zero, if I barely press the pedal or if I press it to the floor. This is with the black lead on B- and the red lead on M-
Okay, the controller is not passing amps to motor, let's check the throttle input voltage to controller.

Move the red test lead to Pin-1 (White wire) on the six pin plug on top of controller. Push the test probe into the backside of the plug while plug is connected to controller.

When the pedal is pushed just far enough for solenoid to click, you should measure from 0.4V to 0.6V and when pedal is on floor you should measure from 1.5V to 1.7V.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-22-2016, 11:39 AM   #22
MartinEZGo
Getting Wild

Club Car

Do this with the black lead still on B-?
MartinEZGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 12:03 PM   #23
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Yes.

The B- terminal on the controller should be electrically the same as the main negative terminal on the battery pack.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 12:16 PM   #24
MartinEZGo
Getting Wild

Club Car

I found the issue. It was in fact at the controller, and I feel like a complete dumb a$%. At some point in this whole issue, I vaguely remember one pin pulling out on the harness at the controller. When checking the lead today, per your help Johnnie, I noticed that the red pin in the connecter wasn't making contact with any pin on the controller itself. It was placed in the slot where there was no post on the controller. Looking at the pins, you could tell that one had "scars" from the pin making contact in the past. Moved the pin over to the correct post and it jumped when pressing the pedal. I am so sorry for wasting you guys time. But I can't thank you enough! I owe you big time. Now to make a post on how to make this thing hold speed on hills. Lol.
MartinEZGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO