lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-05-2016, 09:07 PM   #1
Off Road SHO
Not Yet Wild

Default Want to add brake lights to 2013 Cushman Shuttle 2

Just wondering where the factory mounts the brake light switch on these carts. Mine is a 2013 Cushman Shuttle 2 with a flatbed. It has nice LED headlights and dual filament taillight / brake light assemblies out back but no brake light switch to activate them. I found two insulated female spade connectors underneath by the brake pedal arm, but no switch that I can see.

Thanks in advance.

Tom
Off Road SHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-06-2016, 01:22 PM   #2
Off Road SHO
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Want to add brake lights to 2013 Cushman Shuttle 2

So... Does anybody have one of these? They are made by EZ-GO model CUSH SHTL2E. I tested out those two spade connectors by shorting them together and the brake lights come on. Now I just need to know how they mount a switch there.

Tom
Old 05-06-2016, 01:48 PM   #3
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

The EzGo txt golf cart line has a brake pedal that hinges on the bottom of the pad with a microswitch behind it. When you push the lower pedal they come on but when you lock the brakes the lower pedal comes back and turns off the lights.. If you don't have that pedal assembly they are quite proud of it.. $166 70690G02 IF that will fit
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 01:52 PM   #4
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I have a TXT with factory brake lights. These carts have a different brake pedal pad (the big one) which floats. The switch is under the pad. This is the part: https://shop.ezgo.com/products/Brake...th-Lights.html. Looks like they use the same thing on the cushman and workhorse models.

Not cheap. Other people have added brake lights various ways. I've seen it done with a brake light switch from an older model pickup. Can't remember the details but if I can find the link I will post it.

Some of the people who have done it are still active here. Give it some time and maybe they'll see this.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 01:55 PM   #5
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I agree, there are 100 ways to do this. A switch with a delay timer is another. I just like original..
Old 05-06-2016, 01:58 PM   #6
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
The EzGo txt golf cart line has a brake pedal that hinges on the bottom of the pad with a microswitch behind it. When you push the lower pedal they come on but when you lock the brakes the lower pedal comes back and turns off the lights.. If you don't have that pedal assembly they are quite proud of it.. $166 70690G02 IF that will fit
Well thats interesting. Appears to be the same part with different part numbers and significant price difference. Both at shop ezgo.
Old 05-06-2016, 02:15 PM   #7
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Gotta love EzGo sometimes.. There may be a difference but no telling. I would have to have one of each in my hands to tell..
Old 05-06-2016, 03:11 PM   #8
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Here ya go: http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/desig...ts-e-z-go.html
Old 05-06-2016, 05:08 PM   #9
Off Road SHO
Not Yet Wild

After reading that thread and seeing what they wanted for a brake light "pad", I decided to make my own. I used a normally ON push button switch and mounted it next to the curved brake pedal arm. Then I welded a small piece of flat stock to the arm and voila! I has brake lights!

Thanks guys.

Now to add two more LED Stop/Tail lights at the very back of the flat bed.

Tom
Old 05-07-2016, 01:12 PM   #10
vagabond
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

on the western I have I used a push horn button drilled a hole in the brake pedal
mounted it and ran the wires for the lights, total cost under $20,00
vagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO