lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-07-2016, 01:00 PM   #11
gadavis
Gone Wild

Default Re: Wiring for an Ez-Go 2002 series cart.

Johnnie B. Yes, she was indeed an angel, and on earth as well as your wife probably is. any time you have a marriage that lasts one of them has to be an angel to keep it together. See the attached picture for my angel doing her thing..

I will, look and see if I can find some sort of a short on the MS. Meanwhile I will leave MS-4 disconnected. He told me last night he did not want the 1/2 speed reverse or the back up buzzer connected. Are you saying that the arrangement of cables to the FNR should run? I take it I should swap the S-1 and S-2 wires to correct the wrong direction of rotation and this should make it go? I won't get to work on it again until Monday now. Gene
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 4-2-14.jpg (113.0 KB, 0 views)
gadavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-08-2016, 07:34 AM   #12
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Since the cart was running, but going in the wrong direction for the direction selected by the F/F lever, just swapping the S1 and S2 cables should get it going in the right direction.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 01:37 PM   #13
gadavis
Gone Wild

Thanks Johnnie B. I will do that when I resume this tomorrow. Gene
Old 05-09-2016, 10:51 PM   #14
gadavis
Gone Wild

Johnnie B. I swapped the S-1 & S-2 cables on the FNR switch and it ran fine in both directions as it should. I left the MS-4 disconnected since he did not want the 1/2 speed reverse nor the reverse alarm to work. i tidied up all the wires and put the covers back on. let it down off the jack stands. I drove it out of the building, made a couple of laps around the place and then came back to the door. I stopped and put it in reverse to back in the door and the only thing that happened was I could hear the solenoid clicking. I did this several times and the results were the same every time. i put it in forward, drove around and came in through the other door. I put the rear wheels on the jack stands and because i was disgusted decided to leave it till later. I guess some gremlin came by and stole the reverse function while I was driving it around the place to see if it was ready to give back to the owner. Any body got any Ideas as to where to start gremlin hunting. No smoke, no noise or anything amiss. It was if reverse had just fallen out while I drove it around the building a couple of times for about 1/4 mile or so.
Old 05-10-2016, 08:02 AM   #15
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

If the cart runs forward, but only the solenoid just clicks in reverse, the problem is the high-current contacts in the F/R switch are not making contact in the reverse position. The same contacts are used in both forward and reverse, so it is a mechanical issue rather than electrical.

Make sure cam rotates all the way to the mechanical stop and try tightening the central nut a bit.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 08:31 AM   #16
gadavis
Gone Wild

Thanks Johnnie. First I am going to try swapping the motor wires S-1 & S-2 and see if the problem becomes reverse and no forward. to see for sure if that is the trouble. These wires are relitavily easy to get to vs pulling the whole switch to look at it.This is a new OEM FNR unit he bought and got all balled up installing it. If the trouble changes ,then i am going to pull the unit back out and check it as you suggest.

Gene
Old 05-10-2016, 03:45 PM   #17
gadavis
Gone Wild

Latest update. When I swapped the S-1 &S-2 wires the cart ran in reverse and not forward. Sounds like the problem must be the FNR switch. So, I removed the FNR unit, disassembled it and checked the contacts and cleaned the greasy film off of them. The switch is a new OEM unit from an Ez-Go dealer and the contacts were level and smooth across the faces of the studs. I put a very small touch of Vaseline on each contact surface so they slid easy and reassembled the switch. I then tightened the center bolt to the point where it was just before locking it down. I then bench tested it with my Fluke 77 VOM on each of the terminals for resistance/continuity. Each terminal was 1-2 ohms. I then tested the contacts in the position they work in positions for forward and reverse. Forward contacts were A&D-2 ohms, C&D were 1.5 ohms. Reverse group was A&D 1 ohm and B&C 2 ohms. To my uneducated confused at times brain that was pretty good. I installed it in the cart and now the d@#n thing will run in reverse and not forward. The problem just swapped sides. Could this be a sign the controller is about to bite the dust? Frustrated because it ran good both ways on the jack stands yesterday and when it was taken off the stands and driven around the building it somehow lost reverse. What am i missing? Any body got anysuggestions? This thing is getting on my nerves.
Old 05-10-2016, 03:57 PM   #18
Clemsoncartguy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Sounds like it maybe? I think Scotty will be along with your answer
Clemsoncartguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 10:25 PM   #19
gadavis
Gone Wild

Thanks for the reply CCG. This is weird and it is beginning to get on my nerves. I did not think there was going to be all this when I agreed to look at it for them. I have checked and tested everything that Johnnie B. and I could think of or he told me to. He seems to be one smart cookie. The problem is erratic. It worked a couple of times for just a short burst testing it out while jacked up. When I put it down and drove it around the building the reverse function went away. I swapped S-1 & S-2 wires and it had reverse and no forward. now it has reversed it's problem with the wires connected as they were originally when it ran correct. I hope that Scotty and/or Johnnie B. or some of the resident smart guys will tell me how to find out for sure. I am not sure he can afford a controller for it.

My late wife has a lot of kinfolks with houses on Lake Greenwood. They have houses on the road that turns off and goes to the Dillon Fish camp. her mother 's family were from the Mauldin area and there are still a few of them living there.
Old 05-10-2016, 11:57 PM   #20
Clemsoncartguy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Nice. I'm not originally from this are but found my way here for work. I actually live close to clarks hill or lake Thurmond.
Clemsoncartguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO