lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-10-2016, 06:27 AM   #1
MarkK
Not Yet Wild

Default ez go wont run

i have 1996 series cart when i push the pedal the solenoid clicks. on the battery i show 37.3 they are new batteries. on one side of solenoid it shows the same on other side it shows 36.3. it also has new f/r switch and key switch. it has an alltrax controller npx 4844 with the heavier battery cables. dont know where to go next
MarkK is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-10-2016, 08:46 AM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: ez go wont run

Mark....hopefully you have a digital volt meter (DVM) to do any troubleshooting. Anyway.....your cart has TWO independent circuits. the Low amperage circuit and the High amperage. The fact that the solenoid CLICKS is a good thing, that means that the Low Amp circuit is good. Now to get to the HIGH Amp circuit. Obviously since you aren't getting power to the motor, there is something within the circuit amiss. here is the drawing. the RED and BLUE cables are hi-lighted. you need to trace them all out and double check every connection.

Series Cart Wiring Diagram.jpg
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 09:11 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The NPX control is a little different than the OEM Curtis control. See below
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NPX EZ diagram.JPG (213.2 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 09:59 AM   #4
MarkK
Not Yet Wild

iam going out to trace wiring now to see what i can find. thank you i will let you know
Old 05-10-2016, 12:03 PM   #5
MarkK
Not Yet Wild

I checked all the connections and all are good.put the volt meter on pin 1 black wire showed .97 pushed on pedal and by the time got to floor read13.24 then done 2pin which is white wire start at .27 by the time got to the floor was11.00. by what iam reading the throttle signal should be 10v and then go down to 6v that is with the alltrax controller. am i seeing this wright
Old 05-10-2016, 12:46 PM   #6
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkK View Post
I checked all the connections and all are good.put the volt meter on pin 1 black wire showed .97 pushed on pedal and by the time got to floor read13.24 then done 2pin which is white wire start at .27 by the time got to the floor was11.00. by what iam reading the throttle signal should be 10v and then go down to 6v that is with the alltrax controller. am i seeing this wright
Not sure what the voltage from each of the throttle input pins to B- is, That isn't how an Alltrax throttle input is checked.

Measure the voltage between the two pins on the NPX controller with the black and white wires attached. Should be 10V with pedal up and 6V with pedal down.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 01:08 PM   #7
MarkK
Not Yet Wild

when i go to the 2 pins it shows .7 pedal down 2.5
Old 05-10-2016, 01:40 PM   #8
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

I screwed up. I should have said, with the pedal pushed just far enough for the solenoid to click, the voltage should be 10V and 6V with pedal pushed all the way down.

A series type controller isn't turned on until the solenoid clicks, which might explain the 0.7V reading, however, the pedal down voltage is way off.

Could be water in the pedal box, a bad ITS sensor, or a partial short between the black and white wires someplace, or a bad controller.

Pull the black and white wires off and measure the voltage between Pin 1 & 2.
What is the voltage when the green LED on the controller is on?
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 02:07 PM   #9
MarkK
Not Yet Wild

it is 1.1 pulling the white & black
Old 05-10-2016, 02:15 PM   #10
MarkK
Not Yet Wild

sorry the green led is 38v
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO