lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-15-2016, 11:14 PM   #1
jjordan615
Not Yet Wild

Default New EzGo cart and charger

Just got a new EzGo electric cart and I've noticed the charger receptacle on the cart is very sensitive and temperamental. If it's moved a hair to one side it won't charge and the charger flashes 2 times. If I wiggle the connection on the cart and move it to one side it will make a good connection and charge.

However if the cord is bumped it doesn't work. Does anyone else have a similar issue?
jjordan615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-15-2016, 11:37 PM   #2
Clemsoncartguy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: New EzGo cart and charger

I might replace one or both ends. Cheapest first.
Clemsoncartguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 01:39 AM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

sounds like a nice garage fire... might wanna fix that. even if it costs $300 for a whole new charge port & charger handle, im guessing itll be cheaper than the alternative. or you could minimize risk by charging it outside, so the cart may be all you lose. new ezgos have a triangle shaped 48v plug & and radsoks cannot be replaced individually, only as a whole charge port. Wait, this new cart is covered by a 3 or 4 year warranty from original sale date.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 07:00 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The receptacle contacts are a replaceable wear item. Ezgo calls them radsoks. Expect to pay about $45 for the pair. Meantime shove a cardboard shim under the plug when in the receptacle to keep it in good contact while you wait for the new parts.

Installation is simple. Remove the 3 screws in the top of the plug (under the seat) ans replace one radsok at a time.

Picture for reference only
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ezgo Reed Switch bypass.jpg (169.2 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 09:38 AM   #5
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
The receptacle contacts are a replaceable wear item. Ezgo calls them radsoks. Expect to pay about $45 for the pair. Meantime shove a cardboard shim under the plug when in the receptacle to keep it in good contact while you wait for the new parts.

Installation is simple. Remove the 3 screws in the top of the plug (under the seat) ans replace one radsok at a time.

Picture for reference only
new Ezgos are 48v.. they have a charge port made by Delta-q, it is encased in rubber. the radsoks are not the same size as the 36v (and they are soldered to the board, but one would not know this unless they soaked the charge port in paint thinner for about a week to remove rubber coating). OP has already hinted the charger is a QE, by flashing lights..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20150112_113908_774.jpg (67.5 KB, 0 views)
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 10:52 PM   #6
jjordan615
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the info - I just need to find out if it's the charger or receptacle on the golf cart. The dealer told me he'd give me a new charger if I brought the other one in since its been just a few days.

It seems like one of the male/female connectors is being sensitive and not getting a good connection unless I hold it to the right!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-24-2016, 01:08 AM   #7
jjordan615
Not Yet Wild

Got the issue resolved, got a new charger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO