lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-22-2016, 01:21 PM   #1
RCollins
Not Yet Wild

Default Speed sensor fault again 2006 EZGO PDS

I have a 2006 EZGO, 36 volts, with the PDS drive system that started going into slow mode. When put in diagnostic mode, I get only the 1-3 beep Speed sensor fault code. The controller is a Curtis 73326G07.

1. Local dealer sold me a solenoid, saying it was dropping out and causing the problem. Didn't fix it.
2. Sent the controller off to be checked, they said it was bad, repaired and sent it back to me.
3. While waiting on the controller to return, I replaced the speed sensor & magnet.
4. Installed rebuilt controller, cart ran fine for about 200 yards and then went into slow mode again. Diagnostic mode again says speed sensor fault. Cart stays in slow mode.

Question: What should the speed sensor check on a digital OHM Meter and at what setting on OHM scale?

Question: What should the output be on the Throttle position sensor? One trouble shooting guide I found on line says it should be 1.5 volts max. My speed sensor goes to 2.9 volts.

Thanks for any help you could give me.
RCollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-22-2016, 01:41 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Speed sensor fault again 2006 EZGO PDS

Quick check for the speed sensor: With Run/Tow switch in the RUN position, try to push the cart by hand at a walking pace. If the beeper beeps rapidly and the regen braking kicks in, the speed sensor is good and talking to the controller.

Also, remove speed sensor from motor and make sure the magnet disk on the motor shaft is tight.

--------------
Apparently you are looking at the ITS voltages for something other than a PDS cart.

For a PDS measure the voltage at J4 Pin-3.
Push pedal just far enough for solenoid to click and the voltage ought to be 1.0V ± 0.3V.
When the pedal is fully depressed, the voltage ought to be 2.9V ± 0.4V
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 03:39 PM   #3
RCollins
Not Yet Wild

JohnnieB, thanks for your response and help.

1. Voltage at J4-pin 3 = .9 volts before pushing pedal at all. 1.0-1.4 as solenoid clicks.
2. Steady climb to 2.78 volts max. ( Was 2.9 at switch itself when previously checked)
3.When you initially push the peddle down (first time) rear wheels turn fast and at about 2.o volts or so it kicks into slow mode, like down shifting a tranny.(wheels off the ground)
4. Let cart roll backwards down a small hill while in forward, did not get runaway beep like it used to when cart was running right.
5. In forward, sometimes initial throttle push gets good response for a second and then goes right to slow mode. Don't get any kind of regen when going down hill in forward/ slow mode.
6. Still have to check pushing forward with tow/run switch in RUN. With key off or on? In forward or not?
Old 05-22-2016, 07:09 PM   #4
RCollins
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for your help.

GOT IT FIXED. Decided that last straw was to put the old speed sensor back on and check it. I'll be darned if the new speed sensor wasn't bad. It worked for about 200 yards, can't trust new expensive parts these days.

I had installed a new one while waiting on the controller to come back (because my original fault was a speed sensor).

Thanks again for your help and I will call on you again if required.
Old 05-23-2016, 08:19 AM   #5
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Glad to hear you got it fixed.

New parts doesn't equal good parts.

That is a lesson we all learn eventually.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO