lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-28-2016, 08:03 PM   #1
Dcooke62
Not Yet Wild

Default 1999 Ezgo txt solenoid upgrade

I'm new here and new to carts. I have a 1999 Ezgo txt. It has stopped moving and as best I can tell I need a new solenoid. I thought that since I was replacing the solenoid I might as well upgrade. My question is if I upgrade my solenoid can I keep the stock controller? Also if I upgrade what else do I have to upgrade along with the solenoid. Thanks.
Dcooke62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-28-2016, 08:15 PM   #2
Clemsoncartguy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1999 Ezgo txt solenoid upgrade

You can upgrade just a solonoid but if you have not put a more powerfull controller on and your old solonoid is working why would you upgrade just the solonoid?

Oops read the first sentence again!!!! I'm an idiot!
Clemsoncartguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 07:26 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Welcome to BGW
You want to have a performance goal in mind before you start replacing drive components. All components in the drive system need to be matched and capable of delivering the desired end result.
So, be sure to get a big enough solenoid to handle the job.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 07:59 AM   #4
Dcooke62
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Welcome to BGW
You want to have a performance goal in mind before you start replacing drive components. All components in the drive system need to be matched and capable of delivering the desired end result.
So, be sure to get a big enough solenoid to handle the job.
Can you point me in the right direct. I mainly use my cart around the yard to transport water for the garden and feed for my chickens and bees but I would also like to be able to use at campground. I want to go with bigger rims but not big off road tires. So I kind of want a middle ground between the most speed I can get and the most torque.
Dcooke62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 08:03 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I suggest 500 amp control and 400a solenoid, HD F&R switch if series cart & 2g cables through out for best results... Look at the new SR48500 combo packages at links below
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 09:45 AM   #6
Clemsoncartguy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

If your happy with the cart as is now. I would just get some knobby 18" tires on the 8" rims or some 20" tires on 10" rims. I would keep running the stock system if it's been working for you....minus the broken solonoid.
Clemsoncartguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO