lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-29-2016, 01:39 PM   #1
FNR32
Not Yet Wild

Default Making 16' Express S4 H/O faster

Hello Everyone,

I'm very new to the cart world and am just cutting my teeth, so please forgive any annoying questions I may ask. My wife and I live in a community with a general store, restaurants, hardware store etc and felt we'd be best served by getting a golf cart since we're about a mile away from the pool. I picked up this EzGo last week and will be outfitting it with a few more things not pictured. Specifically, a black roof/top, and the "luxury" carbon fiber seats along with changing out the rear seats to black from the current tan.

I'd like to figure out some ways to make the cart a little faster. I feel the torque is pretty decent most of the time. I'm seeing 19mph on level ground and 15 or so on hills, sometimes dropping to 12-13 on very steep grades. I reached out to the dealer I purchased the cart from about making it faster and this is what he had to say:

Quote:
You cannot speed up the High Output vehicles. The trade off for better hill climbing power is slightly less top speed and the controller is not able to be altered. The Freedom mode is available in the regular vehicles but it still only makes it a couple mph faster than your Vehicle.
Not that I don't believe him, but I feel this may be a canned answer from the dealer. I'm not excited at the idea of losing my warranty, but I'd love to explore options of getting a bit more pep out of this thing. I'll also be looking to upgrade the hedlamps to LED along with adding some sort of on-board sound system. Any input or thoughts you all could offer would be greatly appreciated!

*Edit: I can't hotlink a photo b/c I'm so new, so I attached it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cart.jpg (139.9 KB, 0 views)
FNR32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-29-2016, 03:08 PM   #2
mutant
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Making 16' Express S4 H/O faster

black seats=burnt bottoms&leggs

will look nice-but it is not for me-lol
mutant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 03:22 PM   #3
Clemsoncartguy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Yea I wouldn't put black if I were you. You would just be putting new material not whole new seats I assume. But imagine that thing sitting out in the sun for a few hours in 98F while yall are at the pool, you will have to put a towel on them all summer not to burn your legs.

Is that an RXV? I'm thinking there is only one up graded controller and it doesn't help much with speed from what I remember but that could be wrong I read it fast and breifly? Just get a new motor. There realitively cheap. Those guys at plum quick or DD will get you 30% more speed easy. PQ claims 30% on the bandit just rewinding your factory motor and that's a cheap upgrade they make 2 other speed motors as well.

I know the experts will help you on the controller thing though.
Clemsoncartguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 03:40 PM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

no, TXT based. i dont know about the "no speed" thing, we dont sell those. also PQ says no offroad for bandit. what controller currently in cart, (model number, amps, any other info on controller tag)?
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 05:20 PM   #5
FNR32
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutant View Post
black seats=burnt bottoms&leggs

will look nice-but it is not for me-lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemsoncartguy View Post
Yea I wouldn't put black if I were you. You would just be putting new material not whole new seats I assume. But imagine that thing sitting out in the sun for a few hours in 98F while yall are at the pool, you will have to put a towel on them all summer not to burn your legs.

Is that an RXV? I'm thinking there is only one up graded controller and it doesn't help much with speed from what I remember but that could be wrong I read it fast and breifly? Just get a new motor. There realitively cheap. Those guys at plum quick or DD will get you 30% more speed easy. PQ claims 30% on the bandit just rewinding your factory motor and that's a cheap upgrade they make 2 other speed motors as well.

I know the experts will help you on the controller thing though.
You know, I hadn't thought about that. You both make a good point about the black that I hadn't thought about! Thanks for bringing that up!
FNR32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO