lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-13-2016, 11:58 PM   #11
Joel Craig
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: One or all six?

I understand. Is anyone looking to purchase 6 used Five-year-old 6volt batteries?
Joel Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-13-2016, 11:59 PM   #12
Joel Craig
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Haha!
Old 06-14-2016, 12:00 AM   #13
Joel Craig
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

can anyone recommend a brand ?
Old 06-14-2016, 12:02 AM   #14
Joel Craig
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

And Thank You, Very helpful.
Old 06-14-2016, 06:03 AM   #15
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel Craig View Post
can anyone recommend a brand ?
Trojan, Crown, US Battery are your top three... I'd shy away from Energizer as sold in Sam's as they rarely last more than few years...
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 07:34 AM   #16
Clemsoncartguy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Energizer in my cart are 7 years old. Weren't kept up the best and still have maybe a 10 mile range!!!

The ones at sames are only like 115AH though . I think that what these are. Batteries plus also has energiser. 3 different capacity ones. Johnson controls makes them and lots of other third party batteries.

That said I'm pulling out the energizer batts.

It was my step grand dad's cart. He used it in his tiny like 1/10 acre lot to hold yard tools and such and ride on. Step dad said he would run it for a few weeks till it needed a charge then plug it in!!!
Clemsoncartguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 08:16 AM   #17
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemsoncartguy View Post
Energizer in my cart are 7 years old. Weren't kept up the best and still have maybe a 10 mile range!!!
There are always exceptions to the rules some batteries refuse to give up the ghost.

Just pulled a set of 8D batteries out of the ship that were closest to 10 years old and they were still holding their line. Since they were not mission critical I've left them in service beyond our self imposed 4 year duty cycle. The batteries right next to them getting the exact same service had to be replaced twice in 10 years...
Old 06-14-2016, 09:23 AM   #18
Helirich
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by teecro View Post
Not at 5 years old....
I'm curious what the consensus is to which is a better indication of battery health. The "at rest" voltage after charge or the age? I would think the "at rest" voltage is more accurate. Assuming this to be true, what "at rest" voltage would indicate your battery is on its deathbed?

If your batteries only charge to 90%, how long before they only charge to 60%? Is it a slippery slope? Meaning if from 90 to 80 lasts six months, will it only charge to 70 in three more months?

As to the OP's predicament, this maybe the best advice, if available.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
So add a cheap used battery to replace the first to fail battery or bite the bullet and reparable all 6 with new
Helirich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 06:07 PM   #19
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helirich View Post
I'm curious what the consensus is to which is a better indication of battery health. The "at rest" voltage after charge or the age? I would think the "at rest" voltage is more accurate. Assuming this to be true, what "at rest" voltage would indicate your battery is on its deathbed?

If your batteries only charge to 90%, how long before they only charge to 60%? Is it a slippery slope? Meaning if from 90 to 80 lasts six months, will it only charge to 70 in three more months?
Actually I'd be more inclined to look at "IN USE" voltage when considering battery health... I've seen many batteries from motorcycles, to lawn mowers to on board ship that held voltage just fine while at rest that would flat fall on its face when asked to deliver the amps... If based solely on at rest voltage if the battery is not holding 85 % SOC then I'm not risking fun or safety on it myself...
Old 06-14-2016, 07:48 PM   #20
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

In Use Voltage and Range are what you need to look at for battery health.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO