lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-17-2016, 09:42 AM   #1
Yamahaman
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default My cart stopped

I uncovered the cart and went for a ride and everything was fine when I stopped.After chatting for awhile then pushing the go pedal,nothing.Sometimes the brake pedal doesn't return all the way back to the top so I push and release it quickly,Turn the key back on and still nothing.Turn the key off,pump the go pedal a few times,pump the brake a few times turn the key back on and it goes and everything is fine.We ride around the park and finally go down to the lake and I stop and put it in reverse and nothing happens.I try everything again and finally give up and get pulled back home slowly in tow mode.I check across the batteries and voltage is 50.2V.
While I was down at the at the lake I noticed the volt gauge on the dash was still close to the full mark.After a few key on,off's and brake pedal pushes and trying the go pedal the gauge was reading 1/2 .
Yamahaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-17-2016, 10:43 AM   #2
Yamahaman
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: My cart stopped

That was yesterday early evening.The wife went out a little while ago and the cart moved forward and reverse so it is working fine again.I know they have had a lot of rain here but we keep the cart covered and it was dry when I uncovered it yesterday.My nephew washed it before I got it and he got the floorboard pretty wet and said it wouldn't move.He said it does this when the go pedal gets wet so keep the pedal area dry or let it sit until it dries.I'm not familiar but I don't think this would be normal so I might pull up the mat and take a look.
Old 06-17-2016, 12:11 PM   #3
rib33024

The pedal box is under the mat. And they can get water in them and cause the problem your having. What cart do you have you never said. I'm guessing a RXV
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 01:06 PM   #4
Yamahaman
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rib33024 View Post
The pedal box is under the mat. And they can get water in them and cause the problem your having. What cart do you have you never said. I'm guessing a RXV
yes sir it's the cart in my sig, a 2009 EZGO RXV.I should of posted that put I thought everybody knew I only have one cart.
The wife went out this morning and the cart seemed fine so we decided to go for a ride around the park.I turned the key on and the volt meter on the dash went up to half and the cart was dead !.I take up the mat and find a old rats nest in the well with the wires but none were chewed and all wires were plugged in tight.Cleaned everything out and didn't see anything out of the ordinary and the brake pedal isn't binding on anything.With the key on I wiggle wires while looking at the gauge and it doesn't flicker.Then I remember reading something on the internet...Under the tow switch there is a solenoid that has known to fail."If you hit it sometimes it will activate" so I give it several raps with a screwdriver handle and turn on the key.CLUNK and the gauge on the dash goes over to full and I press the go pedal a little bit and it moves. Now to put it all back together and probably order another solenoid.
Old 06-17-2016, 01:25 PM   #5
Clemsoncartguy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I sure would put a solonoid in it. Esp if it looks corroded.
Clemsoncartguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 05:49 PM   #6
Yamahaman
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

There isn't any corrosion anywhere and the solenoid is a two pole encased in plastic.It's probably like a starter solenoid with a disc that hits two studs that is burnt.I could probably take it apart and do some sanding but I could break it.I'll get one then take it apart and see what it looks like.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO