lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-21-2016, 01:31 PM   #1
mamonti
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 1991 marathon confused not PDS or DCS??

I read that you either have a PDS or DCS and that PDS didn't start until 2001 or so. So why when I look at the wiring diagrams for both I have neither one. I found one called solid state speed control that is the one I have? so what is this cart?? how can I get a diagnostic and repair manual for it? Or am I just not thinking right?
mamonti is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-21-2016, 01:37 PM   #2
Helirich
Gone Wild

Default Re: 1991 marathon confused not PDS or DCS??

You will have a resistor or series cart. (Not PDS or DCS) If you have a box in the center with a giant coil, it is a resister. If it has a solid box with tabs on the top, it is a controller cart. (Solid state)
Helirich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 01:52 PM   #3
mamonti
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Oh ok thanks Helirich, I then have a series cart! So is that all I need to know if I need part? What about the controller is there only one for a series cart and since most posts I have read refer to the PDS or DCS as to upping performance and such can anything be upgraded (performance wise) to a series cart?
Not thinking of doing anything now for sure since it is running very well but in the future it may be something I will consider at battery replacement time. Of course I can see that going to performance on these electric carts are pricey I would probably convert it to gas. Although I must say I enjoy the quite ride without exhaust smell but I could probably do a gas conversion for less that just replacing the batteries.
Old 06-21-2016, 01:58 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamonti View Post
Oh ok thanks Helirich, I then have a series cart! So is that all I need to know if I need part? What about the controller is there only one for a series cart and since most posts I have read refer to the PDS or DCS as to upping performance and such can anything be upgraded (performance wise) to a series cart?
Not thinking of doing anything now for sure since it is running very well but in the future it may be something I will consider at battery replacement time. Of course I can see that going to performance on these electric carts are pricey I would probably convert it to gas. Although I must say I enjoy the quite ride without exhaust smell but I could probably do a gas conversion for less that just replacing the batteries.
Post a pic of the battery bay so we can tell for sure what you have under the seat. Go to my website and read about sepex and series cart upgrades here> http://www.cartsunlimited.net/tech-help-upgrades.html
Learn to differences between the two and what you can do to improve the performance of your cart.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 01:58 PM   #5
Clemsoncartguy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Oh yea there is plenty to do to a series cart!
Clemsoncartguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 02:25 PM   #6
mamonti
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I could post a picture but I will have to do it a little later in the meantime the diagram I posted here is the exact layout of the system 3 batteries left and 3 right and the wiring is the exact same as on the batteries. controller, Pot box and solenoid all located back center.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Imgage1.jpg (182.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-21-2016, 02:27 PM   #7
Helirich
Gone Wild

Yea, a series cart is good. I have one series and one PDS. I actually think the DCS is the least disirable. (My opinion) I have not up graded the series. (Yet) I had a good deal on up graded parts for the PDS, so I did it.

I'm sure Scotty (and others) can fix you up with what ever you want, as far as upgrades. I wouldn't convert to gas. If that's what you want, just sell the cart and buy a gas cart. You drive yours for while. You might change your mind about going to gas.
Helirich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 02:36 PM   #8
mamonti
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Here you go and thanks for the help and your time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0621161527.jpg (152.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 0621161529a.jpg (194.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 0621161529b.jpg (147.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-21-2016, 02:41 PM   #9
mamonti
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helirich View Post
Yea, a series cart is good. I have one series and one PDS. I actually think the DCS is the least disirable. (My opinion) I have not up graded the series. (Yet) I had a good deal on up graded parts for the PDS, so I did it.

I'm sure Scotty (and others) can fix you up with what ever you want, as far as upgrades. I wouldn't convert to gas. If that's what you want, just sell the cart and buy a gas cart. You drive yours for while. You might change your mind about going to gas.
You do have a point because I hear and smell the gas carts going by and do like the quite but it all comes down to money. I am a old school mechanic so I can repair almost anything but you can't do much repairs of electric carts as far as the drive components. I can do some electronic repairs also (tv and such) but nothing you can do with bad batteries and sealed controllers. Other than money I would rather stick with the electric though!!!
Old 06-21-2016, 05:52 PM   #10
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

That's a good little beater. I like these. They are simple and solid. .
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO