lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-23-2016, 09:19 AM   #11
MrDiode
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Where to get a 250 ANN fuse?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
I got a fuse with mine but My guess is that the fuse isn't going to protect the controller from failure. Most carts out there do not have a fuse in the power circuit.
haven't dug in on an ezgo yet (this'll be my first!) - doesn't stock have a 60A?

agreed w/ all that it's fire prevention mostly, though I do wonder if the 10s pop of an ANL might be just as good as the .3 on an ANN when stopping arc.
MrDiode is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-23-2016, 09:21 AM   #12
MrDiode
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helirich View Post
Back when I needed one, I sware I searched these and couldn't find it. Some people's web sites are harder to use than others. Ended up going to the bay.
this. i had to search the alternatively named CNN to find them on some of those listed.

fyi for those who don't know, ANN/CNN/ENN are all the same type of fuse - the first letter just indicates the original manufacturer.

then there's the -E designation which is even quicker burning (and even more money!)
Old 06-23-2016, 09:28 AM   #13
mjroman20
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
Even if there were stores they would not be carrying a 250 amp fuse of the proper type for this application. I agree that that fuse is only a fire prevention device - surely won't save any electronics.
There used to be one near where I lived that did have things like this. It wasn't a chain store. A lot of what they had was repackaged items from digikey, mouser, etc. They were overpriced as hell but if you needed something badly enough...
mjroman20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 09:35 AM   #14
MrDiode
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjroman20 View Post
There used to be one near where I lived that did have things like this. It wasn't a chain store. A lot of what they had was repackaged items from digikey, mouser, etc. They were overpriced as hell but if you needed something badly enough...
yep, same. closest we have to that around here is grainger, which is still better than nothing. used to be electrical supply warehouses that'd deal in wholesale and consumer. victim of the internet i suppose.
Old 06-23-2016, 09:56 AM   #15
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Last one I needed quick my local car stereo shop had them. Like $15 if I remember.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 11:30 AM   #16
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDiode View Post
haven't dug in on an ezgo yet (this'll be my first!) - doesn't stock have a 60A?
The 60A fuse on a stock EZGO was actually there to prevent shorting of the charger wires when the cart was driven off with the charger still plugged in. When EZGO finally got smart and removed the magnetic link in the charger receptacle, they installed the fuse as a precaution.

*** for the ANN fuses, I agree with Scotty that Alltrax is just about the only one that requires this fuse. However, I have noticed that a lot of Curtis controllers also have locations built into the controller for mounting these fuses.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 01:30 PM   #17
tag50
Gone Wild
Club Car

Curtis manuals list power and control fuses.

tag50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO