lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-09-2016, 10:22 PM   #1
sltintexas
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 2010 RXV dead batteries

I have an RXV I keep at the lake. I think batteries are dead which is a mystery. Turn the key, no buzzer, won't move etc etc. I am going to work on that mystery, but I need to get the batteries charged first. I've read on charging them individually. Do I need to disconnect them to isolate them prior to hooking up to a regular battery charger, or can I keep them all wired together.

I think batteries are almost 3 years old and the cart ran fine last weekend.
sltintexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-10-2016, 07:27 AM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: 2010 RXV dead batteries

Make sure that the run tow switch is in run before you do anything. If it is and it still doesn't work, flip it to tow and charge the batteries. No need to disconnect each one. I assume 12 volt.
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 08:16 AM   #3
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

You can keep them wired together - and yes do put it in Tow. You should do that when you leave the cart anyway.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 12:53 PM   #4
sltintexas
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks guys. When you say leave it in tow, does that mean if I am going to leave it for days/week etc? Not just overnight?
Old 07-10-2016, 01:16 PM   #5
catmcaw
Gone Wild

Do you charge the batteries often and what type charger do you have?
catmcaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 01:52 PM   #6
Clemsoncartguy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Sounds like they want you to put it to tow to charge batteries individual or if when you leave it for weeks at a time.
Clemsoncartguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 02:15 PM   #7
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Not sure if you got my point. Make sure the cart didn't get flipped to tow and that will make the cart not work. If it is in run and still doesn't work th n flip it to tow and charge it one battery at a time.
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 02:16 PM   #8
Hecky50
Gone Wild
Club Car

If you leave it for weeks at a time u need one of these.....http://www.granitedigital.com/saveab...mbup::thumbup:
Hecky50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 02:57 PM   #9
sltintexas
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

This cart is new to me. I haven't gotten to use it like I originally intended so it sits during the week. So far I drive it one day during the week. The other days its sits there. I drove it last weekend and it drove fine. Had normal pep in its step so I think everything was OK. I didn't drive it long. I came back and the battery charger wouldn't engage. It showed an error light blinking non stop.

The charger I think is this one Click here

It had an error but I had to go so I figured I would look at it this week. When I did, the symptoms to me showed that it was completely dead. Cart didn't move, didn't get the alarm sounds when I put it in rev or drive. The headlights lights did come on. It was daylight so I oculdn't tell if they were dim or not. I went back out there today and put a batter charger on one single battery. I did have a basic voltmeter and it said battery was "low" (it just had a scale not a number output).

I'll go back out tomorrow hopefully and switch it to the next battery.

In hindsight, I think the issue with the charger may be that I have it on a 100ft extention cord and it is a cheap thin one. I had the same issue at my house and it worked OK when I plugged it directly into wall. When I brought it to this location the first time I charged it, it worked, the 2nd time (this time) it had issues. its a different cord but some length.

Also, I have not been putting it to Tow mode when I leave it idle. Starting next month it will be back at my house and will get regular use to it won't be an issue. I did put it in tow today while charging the first battery individually. DUring my initial problems it was not in tow.
Old 07-10-2016, 03:10 PM   #10
Clemsoncartguy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Maybe batteries were weak and you drove it and got the batteries down below the level which the charger will cut on??
Clemsoncartguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO