lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-10-2016, 06:37 PM   #11
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Alltrax help?

I think you have mixed up the high amperage wiring. One by one,carefully trace and verify motor cable routes. Reference the drawing. Hopefully you find something not right.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-10-2016, 06:52 PM   #12
Noneck
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Did that at least 4 times. My only questionable connection was the 2 wires I mentioned going to the fr control. If the diagram is represented looking at it it from front of cart they the two are reversed because I wired them look at it from the rear.
"I wired the motor S1 to D on reverse switch and S2 to B on reverse switch assuming that B and D are referenced from the rear of cart. So B is driver side D us passenger side. Could that be wrong and causing my problem?"
Noneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 07:47 PM   #13
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noneck View Post
Did that at least 4 times. My only questionable connection was the 2 wires I mentioned going to the fr control. If the diagram is represented looking at it it from front of cart they the two are reversed because I wired them look at it from the rear.
"I wired the motor S1 to D on reverse switch and S2 to B on reverse switch assuming that B and D are referenced from the rear of cart. So B is driver side D us passenger side. Could that be wrong and causing my problem?"
No - because swapping S1 and S2 only reverses direction. and A1 and A2 if correct? stay in the same position from front or rear view? So I'm out of ideas unless motor cables are mis identified? The fan coming on indicates a very heavy draw like a short?

Why not start posting pics of the install to see if we can see something wrong?
Old 07-10-2016, 08:04 PM   #14
Noneck
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Here's a few. The only thing I can think of is to trace each cable and write it's location down instead of reading the schematic and quadruple check that everything jives. The solenoid is not getting power to the opposite side for some reason. Is it possible that the diode or resistor are bad? Would that cause this problem. I read the instructions several times about the diode and hooked it up properly from the beginning. All small red wires to positive red diode crimp. Anything else I'm missing here?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160710_205326.jpg (186.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20160710_205337.jpg (185.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20160710_205351.jpg (188.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20160710_133841.jpg (172.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-10-2016, 08:11 PM   #15
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I'm not seeing any red flags? Where is the wire on the reverse ms going to?

So you are saying the solenoid is not clicking? are you missing the battery (-) to the black wire? If yes unplug that wire from the controller and connect it to the battery main -.
See if the cart runs.
Old 07-10-2016, 08:53 PM   #16
Noneck
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

No solenoid is not making any noise. Do you mean these wires on the FR control? Blue on driver side from throttle switch, orange on passenger side to J1 Blue on Alltrax. Is this the black negative you are referring to? Goes from charger port to negative terminal on final battery. I also removed the black from J1 on alltrax and jumpered it to final battery negative with no change.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160710_214734.jpg (162.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20160710_215154.jpg (228.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-10-2016, 09:13 PM   #17
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noneck View Post
No solenoid is not making any noise. Do you mean these wires on the FR control? Blue on driver side from throttle switch, orange on passenger side to J1 Blue on Alltrax. Is this the black negative you are referring to? Goes from charger port to negative terminal on final battery. I also removed the black from J1 on alltrax and jumpered it to final battery negative with no change.

No - I am asking you to remove this from the control and connect to battery B-
Old 07-10-2016, 09:31 PM   #18
Noneck
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

So just to make sure I understand, take this wire off the J2 terminal on the Alltrax and connect the wire to the B- terminal on the corner of the Alltrax ? Or connect a wire from the B- terminal to the J2 plug?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2016-07-10 22.27.53.jpg (66.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-10-2016, 09:52 PM   #19
Noneck
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Double post
Old 07-10-2016, 09:59 PM   #20
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Pic #1
There is a black wire from solenoid small post to controller J1. Remove the wire from J1 and connect it to battery pack (-). see if solenoid clicks & cart runs.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO