lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-12-2016, 10:29 AM   #11
Ronman
Getting Wild

Default Re: Mixing Batteries- For a quick test ONLY

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
True true.
I think in this case he's trying to verify the motor works before upgrading the control etc?
That is correct. I just want to see some wheels move to ensure batteries were my problem all along. Then we can add some good batteries and do some upgrades!

I plan on setting it on blocks this evening a giving it a quick tap on the peddle.
Ronman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-12-2016, 09:20 PM   #12
Ronman
Getting Wild

Alright, it worked. Spun like a top.

Now the real decisions come. Bump to 48v with Scottyb's upgrades. Just the upgrades and stay at 36v. This would purely be a financial decision. Or sell it and find a gas model. Which again means a larger finacial investment.

Old 07-13-2016, 06:26 AM   #13
Helirich
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronman View Post
Alright, it worked. Spun like a top.

Now the real decisions come. Bump to 48v with Scottyb's upgrades. Just the upgrades and stay at 36v. This would purely be a financial decision. Or sell it and find a gas model. Which again means a larger finacial investment.

Reading your first post, it sounds like you don't use your cart very much. A gas cart might be better for you IF you use "stable" in the gas. The other option would be to get one of the Chargers that go to trickle charge after the regular charge is finished.
Helirich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 09:01 AM   #14
Ronman
Getting Wild

My usage is/was actually quite the opposite. When it was running we used it almost daily. I assumed it was something major (besides batteries) and had too many other things going to dig into it. We've really missed this thing to get stuff done around the ranch. Since the batteries were just a little over 2 years old and I performed regular maintenance I just assumed it was something else.

I know the gas would require double the investment of jumping to 48v and adding controller etc. However, batteries aren't getting any cheaper.
Decisions decisions.
Old 07-13-2016, 10:08 AM   #15
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Let us have alittle more information about what's needed ........

What make and year is the cart?
Series or sepex drive system?
What size tires are on the cart?
How many people ride on the cart?
Cargo Box or trailer?
Is the electrical system 36 or 48 volts?
What top speed is desired?
Is the used on or off the road?
Is the terrain hilly? If yes, steep or mild hills?
Is the footing sandy or muddy?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 11:27 AM   #16
Ronman
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Let us have alittle more information about what's needed ........

What make and year is the cart?
Series or sepex drive system?
What size tires are on the cart?
How many people ride on the cart?
Cargo Box or trailer?
Is the electrical system 36 or 48 volts?
What top speed is desired?
Is the used on or off the road?
Is the terrain hilly? If yes, steep or mild hills?
Is the footing sandy or muddy?
2000 Ezgo Series. 23" tires. Usually 2 people but would like to add a back seat. It is a 36v. I'm not sure what speed I'm looking for. It's pretty slow right now so a little faster would be nice but I'm not looking to break speed records. It is used off road, 90% at the ranch which is flat. I hook up a garden trailer to haul trash to the pit once a week. That's only 1/4 mile away. I take it to the beach which has maintained sandy packed roads. No off reading, mud, hills etc. Some golf course/skeet course use. Go from our camp on the beach to town.

Pretty much what we talked about. Just weighing my options. I don't want to drop all this money and still be disappointed I can only go for a short drive. It's a matter of what I'm willing to compromise or wait and just spend the extra for a gas.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO