lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-17-2016, 05:52 PM   #1
thompson521dc
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default 2006 TXT stopped while I was driving

I just bought a 2006 TXT PDS 36V. It looked like a good deal and something I could take my time working on. I can see already I'll be in the red. Anyway this afternoon I was backing down my driveway and it just stopped. Turned key on and off, and tried fwd then rev again. Nothing. I turned the tow run switch to tow then back to run and it started working again. Great that it was an easy fix this time but I don't want to get stranded. Any place I should start looking to try to figure out what happened?
thompson521dc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-18-2016, 03:54 AM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: 2006 TXT stopped while I was driving

IDK, a bad key switch can do some funny "random" stuff. seen plenty of those in marathon through txt ezgos.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 08:16 AM   #3
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Flipping the Run/Tow Off and back On, reboots the controller, so you might have a controller going bye-bye.

Carry a DVM with you and the next time it fails, check for full battery pack voltage on the following pins while the plugs are inserted into the jacks.

Run/Tow in Run
Key = ON
F/R = F
Pedal not pushed.
J1 Pins 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 & 9
J3 Pins 1, 2, 3 & 4
J4 Pin-2

If you have full battery pack voltage (38.2V if fully charged, but will be lower if cart has been driven) at all the places listed and solenoid does not click when pedal is pushed, the controller is bad.

If the solenoid does click, there might be a defective ITS (throttle) or a defective controller.

If the controller is bad, replace it with an Alltrax XCT and the cart will do about 24 MPH on stock height (18") tires with a 36V battery pack.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 08:23 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Great post JohnnieB

Yrs ago I had a client who had this trouble and they had replaced switches and solenoids and wires but the problem persisted. I found the controller's solenoid activation function intermittent (pins 6& 7) so we upgraded to Alltrax. The problem went away and the man could not have been happier.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ezgo PDS solenoid activation diagram.jpg (142.4 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 06:07 PM   #5
thompson521dc
Getting Wild

Club Car

Thanks for the help guys. I bought this as a combo with a trailer because I thought it would be a quick flip. Now I think it's going to be a long term restoration project. I've always wanted to restore something so I guess this will be it. The good news is I can work on this without disabling my other cart so it's still in service for trips to the pool.
thompson521dc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO