lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-30-2016, 12:51 PM   #11
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Wiring question

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilMedic View Post
Ok so what you're saying is get a wire from the ms2 to the blue wire on the receptacle?
Yes, or get B+ on the wire attached to MS-2 from someplace else.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-30-2016, 01:02 PM   #12
PhilMedic
Not Yet Wild

Ok gotcha. Thanks for the wealth of information. I'll come back on tomorrow when I get off duty with my results
PhilMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 11:02 AM   #13
PhilMedic
Not Yet Wild

Alright, so my cart still won't move/power on. I am now running into another issue that I didn't have before. Whether the key switch is on or off, my backup alarm beeps while in the FORWARD position and not at all in the reverse. Mind you that the cart still will not move, no power to the controller and solenoid not clicking
Old 07-31-2016, 12:06 PM   #14
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Beeper beeping is a sign of progress, we've got power to MS-4 from the charge receptacle.

Beeping in the forward position probable means the lever arm on the F/R assembly is out of sync with the lever arm attached to the direction selector lever. I suspect on lever arm is facing down and the other is up. Both ought to be up. (See attached drawing)

MS-4 and MS-2 are both fed by the same wire from the charge receptacle, so check the voltage on MS-2. Should be voltage on both its terminals when direction selector is in either direction, but not when in Neutral.

If the voltage is correct at MS-2, the next place it goes is the keyswitch.

From the keyswitch, it goes to the Pedal switch and from there it goes to the solenoid coil and the controller.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Series F-N-R Exploded.JPG (50.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-31-2016, 12:45 PM   #15
PhilMedic
Not Yet Wild

Good call on the reverse switch. Easy fix. And pardon my newbie ways, how do I check the voltage at the key switch? A voltmeter? Dumb question I'm sure. Do I check it at the ms switches, or at the key switch itself and what voltage am I looking for?
Old 07-31-2016, 05:22 PM   #16
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Yes, you check voltage with a voltmeter.

Unless specifically stated otherwise, always attach the negative test lead to the main negative terminal on the battery pack and touch the positive test lead to wherever you want to measure the voltage at.

You have a 48V battery pack, so you should read about 51V on the microswitches and keyswitch, if the pack is fully charged.

You have to remove the keyswitch panel from the dashboard to get to the backside of the keyswitch, unless you have extremely long arms. Just measure the voltage going to the keyswitch at MS-2 and coming from the keyswitch at the inline connector going to the pedal box.
Old 07-31-2016, 06:19 PM   #17
PhilMedic
Not Yet Wild

Ok thanks. I'll get a voltmeter tomorrow and see where I'm at
Old 08-06-2016, 11:37 AM   #18
PhilMedic
Not Yet Wild

Still waiting on my voltmeter to come in, but could the problem possibly be that 48 volts is too much for the standard key switch?
Old 08-06-2016, 12:00 PM   #19
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilMedic View Post
Still waiting on my voltmeter to come in, but could the problem possibly be that 48 volts is too much for the standard key switch?
No, the stock keyswitch of a previously 36V cart will handle 48V okay.
Old 08-06-2016, 02:47 PM   #20
PhilMedic
Not Yet Wild

Ok. I'm at a standstill until I get the voltmeter. I'll check back in when I know further
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO