lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-30-2016, 10:30 AM   #11
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Default Re: Has anyone mounted a winch on the txt without a bumper brush guard?

Coosa's idea is a good one. That will get you outta just about any situation you get into. If it doesn't.....then your winch just isn't gonna help and you need "more power" . Perhaps the only negative would be that the winch is "low hanging fruit" so to speak, but hey....if that's the worse part, go for it.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-30-2016, 12:59 PM   #12
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by coosa View Post
I just bolted a piece of flat steel to the front axle and then bolted the winch to it. The only fabrication involved was drilling the holes. I also had to cut out a slot in the front bumper to make it fit, but I think it looks OK.

I have another cart with a Jakes bumper winch, but I actually like this one better. Its gotten me out of several tight spots.
I'd like to see and side pic and underneath pic if you don't mind.
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 08:40 AM   #13
coosa
Gone Wild

Here you go, NCPW. Sorry to take a while, but I've been out of town and had no access to the cart. You can see how simple it is, but I'm not sure it would be this simple with every cart. This cart already had an EZGO factory lift on it when I got it. There is a flat plate on the front axle that already had a couple of holes in it, so I just drilled the plate to fit those holes. I had forgotten that I also had to take the torch to it and cut out a half circle to make it fit.

Dave, it is low to the ground, but since it is on top of the axle I haven't found any downside to that.

coosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 08:57 AM   #14
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Appreciate the pic!

I might end up doing something similar to that with mine while still utilizing my current brush guard. I didn't like the look of the Jake's winch mount so this method might be just what I was looking for.
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 09:07 AM   #15
DaveTM
Gone Wild

If it works and gets you out of where you don't want to be......that's what matters. Plus....it still "looks pretty"

But, I always look pretty.....It's a cross I must bear.....but I deal with it.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO