lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-08-2016, 08:15 AM   #11
mjroman20
Gone Wild

Default Re: RXV Danaher controller value?

Ah so EZGO is shady after all then eh? I always wondered why everything on there was always back ordered. I have a dealer nearby and we usually just get everything EZGO related from them. Maybe certified dealers get priority or something? Nothing ever took long to come in.
mjroman20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-08-2016, 08:54 AM   #12
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjroman20 View Post
Ah so EZGO is shady after all then eh? I always wondered why everything on there was always back ordered. I have a dealer nearby and we usually just get everything EZGO related from them. Maybe certified dealers get priority or something? Nothing ever took long to come in.
I get better response when dealing directly with Curtis. Unfortunately, E-Z-GO has a preferred OEM status with Curtis, so all Curtis supplied components must be ordered through E-Z-GO. I have no status with E-Z-GO, in fact they do not know that I own a facility that competes with them in the NEV market. I do not do sales however, I am an engineer and I research and develop products for market. I have zero interest in entering the Golf Cart market. But after seing how cart owners are treated by E-Z-GO, and my own experiences, I feel sorry for those that must jump through the hoops set up for buyers of their vehicles.

The only time I had fast response was when I bought a dead fairly new 2015 2Five that the dealership could not fix. E-Z-GO was glad to have me spend a lot of money buying parts that were not needed. As I suspected, it was a defective brand new controller. I put it on the test bench and verified it was bad, but I could not tell E-Z-GO what I found because they do not know about my capabilities. If they did, they would not deal with me. Only after jumping through all of the hoops they had set up for me, did they finally admit that the controller could be bad and had me return it for warranty replacement. I erased the log files from the controller before sending it back, because it's none of their business what the ID number or access level of my programming station is.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 10:32 AM   #13
mjroman20
Gone Wild

Bob I feel your pain. I'm in pretty much the exact same situation. I deal with so many Curtis products but if it was something made for EZGO or Clubcar its a b**tch to get any info or direction on it.
mjroman20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 11:07 AM   #14
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjroman20 View Post
Bob I feel your pain. I'm in pretty much the exact same situation. I deal with so many Curtis products but if it was something made for EZGO or Clubcar its a b**tch to get any info or direction on it.
I can certainly relate. I'm only allowed to disclose a certain amount of info related to the Curtis Controllers without violating my contract. One of those terms pertains to the use of my knowledge or equipment to infringe upon the rights of other OEMs. I talked to an engineer at FSIP today about whether or not they had a particular OS file for a new controller, and was told that it was too new for Curtis to send it to them. So essentially they cannot even repair one of those controllers if it came in for repair and needed a reflash. They wanted me to send them some of the newer files that I had saved from the 2016 controllers that I had pulled OS/VCL files from. We should probably make a new thread called Curtis Gripes or something. LOL

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO