lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-20-2016, 07:58 AM   #1
DanVill
Not Yet Wild

Default Ez-Go new batteries new solenoid

I am new to this forum and new to golf carts. I have an EzGo that I got when with a house I bought. The Model is a TXTPDS and the Date Code says E1704 (not sure how to decipher that) we used the cart with no problem for about 6 months then the already old batteries started declining until they would no longer hold a charge. We replaced the batteries (with painstaking accuracy) also installed new battery cables and cleaned the ends of the pos and neg cables from the cart that were in good shape. the cart will not move but the Solenoid clicks when we hit the accelerator peddle. Replaced the Solenoid (again with painstaking accuracy) Made sure that the replacement was the EXACT same one that was originally installed and watched the video on what to remove first and now to disconnect the first battery cable first etc.... Still get clicking (just louder and more pronounced now than before but no movement.
If I push the cart a little bit sometimes it engages and takes off but the stops again in 10 feet and will not go unless I push it again etc... can someone point me in the right direction?
DanVill is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-20-2016, 09:31 AM   #2
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Ez-Go new batteries new solenoid

Have you charged the new batteries, what is your per battery and total pack voltage?
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 09:39 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Do you have a digital voltmeter for testing? Go here for meter and troubleshooting help > http://www.cartsunlimited.net/troubleshooting-.html

Let us know what you find with your 2004 PDS .....
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 04:43 AM   #4
DanVill
Not Yet Wild

I did charge the batteries and my headlights are bright, but I do not have a meter to test the voltage. I was hoping that someone might know from these symptoms what I could do. I will purchase a voltage meter and answer the questions once I return to the lake house
Old 09-23-2016, 04:59 AM   #5
rib33024

Welcome to BGW DanVill

No need to start a new thread about this problem. Keep all your questions in this thread It will make it easier to help you
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 05:54 AM   #6
mutant
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

a DVM is critical in the feeding and care of the electric golf cart...careful-you might end up with a whole pack!

Welcome to the BGW!
mutant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 12:06 PM   #7
DanVill
Not Yet Wild

Sorry about the confusion with the new thread, I could not find the original one and I thought I had inadvertently placed my question in the introductory forum. I will be back with DVM results in hand, currently about 600 miles away from cart but will be united in about 2 weeks. Thank you all for your help

Tags
batteries, solenoid
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO