lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-29-2016, 12:44 PM   #21
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Any Batteries That Don't Self Discharge?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickochet View Post
Will do. BTW I just checked the new T-105 data sheet and it says, "Self discharge rate 5 – 15% per month depending on storage temperature conditions."

If that is the case, a set of new 105's and a cut-off switch should take care of my situation. Not cheap but less than trying to upgrade to a gas cart.
I suspect Trojan might be a wee bit optimistic with that estimate, or they did their testing in northern Alaska.

The cooler the battery is, the lower the self discharge rate.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-29-2016, 12:47 PM   #22
Rickochet
Card Carrying Old Fart

E-Z-GO

Most of the battery switches I am finding do not mention capacity. Here is one that does equivalent to a #1ga cable. https://www.amazon.com/WirthCo-20128...=wirthco+20128

Here is another one. Is 200 amp sufficient? https://www.amazon.com/Side-Battery-...BQMX78MARP4BCK
Rickochet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 03:01 PM   #23
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Most of the battery switches I am finding do not mention capacity. Here is one that does equivalent to a #1ga cable. https://www.amazon.com/WirthCo-20128...=wirthco+20128

Here is another one. Is 200 amp sufficient? https://www.amazon.com/Side-Battery-...BQMX78MARP4BCK
Something like this may be more suitable: https://www.amazon.com/Estone-Batter...cut+off+switch

Marie type - 60V/400A rating.

Having a removable key further reduces odd of cart being stolen.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 04:33 PM   #24
adriftatsea
Not Yet Wild

Regarding lithium, I've had a Nissan Leaf pack sitting for nearly a year (through a TN Winter and Summer) and held voltage to within the error rate of my multimeter.

Quote:
I found some but they were like, $750 per battery.
I'm not sure the rules regarding self promotion - but I will say that you can get started with lithium all in (charger,connectors,enclosure,batteries,etc) for <$3000 for a 60ah (amp hours don't translate well vs SLA) and <$4000 for an 'extended range' (40-50mi offroad) for a 120ah setup.
adriftatsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 06:40 PM   #25
Rickochet
Card Carrying Old Fart

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by adriftatsea View Post
Regarding lithium, I've had a Nissan Leaf pack sitting for nearly a year (through a TN Winter and Summer) and held voltage to within the error rate of my multimeter.

I'm not sure the rules regarding self promotion - but I will say that you can get started with lithium all in (charger,connectors,enclosure,batteries,etc) for <$3000 for a 60ah (amp hours don't translate well vs SLA) and <$4000 for an 'extended range' (40-50mi offroad) for a 120ah setup.
I got into LiFe A123 batteries years ago for use in RC aircraft harvesting the M1 cells from Dewalt battery packs. Bullit proof but not cheap. Upgrading my cart to Lithium is more than I paid for the cart. I do appreciate you posting.
Old 10-02-2016, 05:56 AM   #26
Rickochet
Card Carrying Old Fart

E-Z-GO

deleted by OP
Old 10-02-2016, 06:18 AM   #27
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Do you have a link? My searching has come with nothing that cheap. Lots of 12, 24 and 48v but little at 36v.
Solar power is very flexible. If you get the 48V unit, the low impedance of the high capacity 36V battery pack will pull the voltage down to the pack voltage. As much battery capacity as you have and the little amount of wattage from the solar, it would not cause an overcharge issue. More like a trickle charger.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 06:51 AM   #28
Rickochet
Card Carrying Old Fart

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
Solar power is very flexible. If you get the 48V unit, the low impedance of the high capacity 36V battery pack will pull the voltage down to the pack voltage. As much battery capacity as you have and the little amount of wattage from the solar, it would not cause an overcharge issue. More like a trickle charger.
Bob
Thanks Bob.
Old 10-08-2016, 10:03 AM   #29
Rickochet
Card Carrying Old Fart

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
Be sure to check the battery pack voltage before you move the cart and you ought to have a pretty good idea of what your specific battery pack's self discharge rate is.
Well, I didn't get to the cart until yesterday, which is 35 days since charging. I was really surprised what I found. I had charged it to 38.2v then drove it 1/4 mile where I parked it. The first thing I did was to flip on the Scottyb DVM. Wow, 37.5 volts which is 80%. That works out to .57 % per day. Pretty good I would think for 4 year old batts. And I guess it will get even better when I get the cut of switch installed.

Thanks everyone for their input.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO