lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-06-2016, 06:20 PM   #21
Dog Hunter
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: EZGO stopped abruptly 1 mile from starting

TTT... Come on guys I need some help!
Dog Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-08-2016, 08:16 PM   #22
Dog Hunter
Not Yet Wild

What voltage should I have at B- and A1 when solenoid clicks??
Old 10-11-2016, 10:02 AM   #23
Dog Hunter
Not Yet Wild

All wires are tight guys. I added pictures in previous post. Any help is greatly appreciated. Still curious as to how may volts I should get at controller when solenoid engages.
Old 10-11-2016, 10:07 AM   #24
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

With the solenoid precharge resistor removed, the reading between B+ and B- should be 0v and when the solenoid clicks it should be pack voltage (36 or 48v plus) When the solenoid clicks the reading between A1 and B- shoud be the same and this reading should go down as the go pedal is depressed. - if not - check the throttle input signal and controller circuit board power (pin 1 ? depends upon which control you are working with)

Thanks for the pic - it appears the environmental cover has not been in place for some time. This control cannot survive such exposure. SO the prognosis is not good for it.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 08:47 PM   #25
Dog Hunter
Not Yet Wild

Ok. Thanks I will check it one evening this week. I've had the cart for 5 years and the first time I ever removed the cover was when this issue started the first of this month. So I will add a silicone gasket to the cover once I get it going again.
Old 10-23-2016, 02:20 PM   #26
Dog Hunter
Not Yet Wild

Here is an update!!!! I just checked my motor. I disconnected all wires from motor. Put a jumper from A1 to F1 then a jumper from A2 to F2. Attached positive cable to A2/F2 and negative to A1/F1. Attached the other end of the cables to my Toyota truck battery. The golf cart wheels did not turn. I turned them with my hand to give them a start and they would stop spinning after a few rotations. The connection was good from the truck battery to the golf cart motor. So my question is there any other test needed to verify that my golf cart motor needs replacing??
Old 10-24-2016, 07:53 PM   #27
Dog Hunter
Not Yet Wild

Ttt. Contemplating having my controller rebuilt to 400 amps and buying a new EZGO PDS/DCS High speed motor. From everything I've read this motor and the controller upgrade would be sufficient for my 36 volt system. And would still be okay when or if I ever upgraded to a 48 volt system. I would just need to upgrade the wiring when I decided to go to 48 volts. Plus the new batteries of course. So Am I right with this assumption or am I missing something??? I've done a lot of amateur research and am asking for expert advice.
Old 10-25-2016, 07:35 AM   #28
timmyjane
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

What kind of motor is it? GE AMD? Could Plum Quick possibly make a repair to your motor?
timmyjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 11:51 AM   #29
mutant
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

controllers cannot be rebuilt,only repaired...you get what you pay for IF you are lucky...i see a lot of failed "rebuilt"controllers on here....
mutant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 08:04 PM   #30
Dog Hunter
Not Yet Wild

Motor is an Advanced motor and Driver... AU2500 FLT SPD 04/23/07... Part # DE2-4007....36 volt
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO