lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-02-2016, 05:40 PM   #1
spotco2
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 05 EZGO TXT Headlights Dim

I picked up a 05 36V TXT over the weekend and it has front and rear lights installed. We used it Halloween and the headlights were completely worthless. You couldn't see more than 10' out in front of you and it was still dark.

I'm sure I'm not the only one that has run into this, but I can not find anything in the search. I would like to just use the existing lights and not add a light bar, but the bulbs are tiny little plug in lights that look like 912 bulbs.

Will anything brighter fit these lights? I stole this pic from Google, but this is the kind of light that is on the cart.

spotco2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-02-2016, 07:23 PM   #2
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 05 EZGO TXT Headlights Dim

I'm not sure if your 05 is the same as my 01, but I changed mine to led's. The two lights in the middle were different than what you show as the bulb and plug are one unit together. I got them from super bright led's. The two just outside of that were like your example and I got them from Walmart. At either place, just reference the old bulb number and it will give you an led equivalent.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (235.9 KB, 0 views)
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 10:17 PM   #3
spotco2
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I wonder if one of those would screw into the hole in my light?

I wouldn't have an issue with swapping plugs.

I've not read anything good about the LED version of the 912. Would like some feedback if they are really that much brighter or if I should just mount a small light bar and be done with it.
Old 11-03-2016, 08:04 AM   #4
bird6246
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

check all the lights in your light bar, sounds to me like you have the wrong bulbs, or a bad ground. Is your lens nice and clear. If you need a new light bar because of the lens they make an LED replacement....SUPER BRIGHT.
bird6246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 06:33 PM   #5
spotco2
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I double checked today where I could actually see the back side of the light assembly in case I was pulling the wrong sockets. Sure enough I must have some aftermarket Hencho in ChiCom assembly because all 6 lights are the same size connectors and bulbs. I've got a LED light bar that I'm just going to mount to the bottom of the brush guard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO