lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-04-2016, 09:55 PM   #1
smokey tennis shoe
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default rxv reducer correct wiring?

My eyes are glassing over trying to figure out the different threads on how to wire the voltage reducer on an rxv.

If my reducer has the following wires :

48 volt positive
48 volt negative
12 volt negative
12 volt positive
switched wire

where do i land each of these wires?

I see one wire goes to solenoid?/

Please elaborate on each of the above mentioned wires.

Thanks for any help
smokey tennis shoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-05-2016, 04:19 AM   #2
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: rxv reducer correct wiring?

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokey tennis shoe View Post
My eyes are glassing over trying to figure out the different threads on how to wire the voltage reducer on an rxv.

If my reducer has the following wires :

48 volt positive
48 volt negative
12 volt negative
12 volt positive
switched wire

where do i land each of these wires?

I see one wire goes to solenoid?/

Please elaborate on each of the above mentioned wires.

Thanks for any help
Before doing anything, be sure to chock the wheels first, and then 'safe' the controller before doing any electrical work. Switch the run/tow switch to tow mode, unplug the Controller main harness connector, then switch the run/tow switch back to run before messing with any battery connections. The RXV controllers are easilly damaged or having their memory corrupted by power interruptions.

I would connect the 48V positive wire through a fuseholder to the large terminal at the solenoid that is connected to the positive battery pack terminal.

I would connect the 48V negative wire to the negative battery pack terminal.

Buy a fuse block. It is preferred to get one with a negative buss for your accessories. If not, install a seperate negative buss, and do not connect anything electrical to the frame or any other metal component that is connected to the frame.

I would connect the 12V positive to the positive input of the fuse block.

I would connect the 12V negative to the input of the negative buss.

I would connect the switched wire to the KSI signal from the key switch. This is usually a red wire on one of the small terminals of the main solenoid. Do NOT connect this to either large terminal, The solenoid is switched on the negative side by the controller, which shuts it off with a timer after the accellerator pedal returns to zero.

Of course, your loads connect to the fused outputs of the fuse block, and to the negative buss bar.

After all is done, don't forget to 'unsafe' the controller. Switch the run/tow switch to tow, plug the Controller main harness connector back in, and switch the run/tow switch back to run. You should be good to go!

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 08:54 AM   #3
smokey tennis shoe
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: rxv reducer correct wiring?

Bob, Thanks so much !! Your cart knowledge is amazing. Wish me luck, i am off to the storage unit try this
smokey tennis shoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO