lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-05-2018, 04:40 PM   #11
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: need elect drawing for headlamps and voltage reducer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoker View Post
Thanks!see it now,I NOW,dont think this component is a voltage reducer..?it only has 3 total connections!maybey it is a Batt indicator component????
As mentioned before what You have is a 16v->12v voltage reducer.

They are not good in the long run since they get your pack out of balance.

Just throw it away and get a 48v->12v reducer.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-05-2018, 04:50 PM   #12
stoker
Gone Wild

thanks sergio,i think i now know where the two female terminals go down to the fuse box which makes sense now as the harness from headight circuit is there alsobeen a LONG day..LOL
stoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 05:25 PM   #13
stoker
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
As mentioned before what You have is a 16v->12v voltage reducer.

They are not good in the long run since they get your pack out of balance.

Just throw it away and get a 48v->12v reducer.
I work for state and we maintain fleet of 65 carts.This is one of older in fleet,plus ordering parts here is a paperwork nightmare.i have to figure this out,someone else must of changed batts and left off wires?there has to be a connection to get the 16V and i dont see it..?
Old 12-05-2018, 05:29 PM   #14
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

If You want to re-use that 16v->12v, wire it like this (up to the the maximum current of the reducer):

The positive feed for your 12v accessories will come directly from the 16v battery post.

The negatives for the same accessories will go to the 2 wires that come out of the reducer, it does not matter which one since they are the same connection point inside the device.

The single wire with the 5/16" ring connector goes to the Controller B- or pack negative battery post.

That device basically does a nominal 4v drop on the negative return line.
Old 12-06-2018, 11:02 AM   #15
stoker
Gone Wild

Quote:
The positive feed for your 12v accessories will come directly from the 16v battery post.

e.
seems someone eliminated the positive feed as i dont see it?SO,i would use which two batts in pack?Sorry,this stuff blows my mind without a schematic?thanks Sergio
Old 12-06-2018, 11:09 AM   #16
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Each 8v battery is around 8.5v when charged.

Put your voltmeter negative probe on the pack negative battery post.

Place the voltmeter positive probe in each battery post until you find the one(s) that will measure around 17v.

The positive wire for the accessories will come off that battery post that measures 17v.
Old 12-06-2018, 01:54 PM   #17
stoker
Gone Wild

Quote:
Each 8v battery is around 8.5v when charged.

Put your voltmeter negative probe on the pack negative battery post.

Place the voltmeter positive probe in each battery post until you find the one(s) that will measure around 17v.

The positive wire for the accessories will come off that battery post that measures 17v.
Thanks again!FINALLY got to bottom of it!!!The positive feed was actually there..had a senior moment:)the red wire supplying the 17 volts goes to the fuse box.what was strange was there was a factory female insulated blade/spade connector for headlamps.Also the factory voltage reducer had the same female blade connectors (square peg in round hole).obviously someone pulled the conductor/wires with male blades?I just made up a short lead with male blades on both ends and woola..MAYBEY there is a buss bar type conductor under the fuse box cover that the female connectors go to,but i didnt check as bolts are rusted tight on fuse cover...
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car