lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-22-2014, 10:05 PM   #1
barber613
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Precedent brakes

Is there any way to adjust the brakes individually?
barber613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-22-2014, 10:49 PM   #2
crash test dummy

Default Re: Precedent brakes

they are the self adjusting type with the star wheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
You shouldn't have to adjust the self adjusters.... They should adjust themselves by pumping the brake pedal until the clicking stops. There's a little flipper that rotates the adjuster inside the brake mechanism. For every click, the brake shoes spread out further and get closer to the drum. They'll only go so far before the clicking stops. Once the clicking stops they are where they need to be. As for the pedal goes, if it's too soft you can tighten it up a bit by removing the 4 T-40 Torx bolts from the floormat retainers and removing the floormat. After you do this you'll see an access door that you can remove to adjust the brake cable tension. Back off of the jam nut closest to the brake pedal. It's a left handed thread just to let you know. You can adjust the tension of the brake pedal by turning the turnbuckle closer to the brake pedal and away from the rear of the car. Be careful not to overtighten because you dont want the brakes to drag while the pedal is in a resting position. I normally allow for about 1.5" of pedal before it really gets tight. When you re-tighten the jam nut it's very important to use two wrenches and not just one. Turn them in opposite directions against each other and tighten the jam nut against the turn buckle. If you only snug up the nut with one wrench it has a tendency to back off and you're brakes will eventually come unhooked from the equalizer rod. Hope this helps.
Old 10-23-2014, 06:04 AM   #3
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

It might be a good ideal to pull the drums, clean and lube the slides.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 08:55 AM   #4
barber613
Getting Wild

Club Car

Here is what I did. My drivers side rear brake was dragging, and every one in a while I would get the kick back in the pedal and the brake would lock up.
I decided to make an extender. I took 3/8th flat cold rolled steel and welded 3 pieces together to form what looks like a tuning fork. This is then put on with shoulder bolts. Any reason why this shouldn't work?
barber613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car