lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-29-2014, 08:11 AM   #11
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Need help with fixing up hunting cart

Quote:
Originally Posted by sponder50 View Post
3) Am I headed in the right direction making sure the motor is good first? Anything I am missing and need to make sure is working before I move forward?
Definitely a move in the right direction.

No sense applying lipstick and mascara to a cart that won't move.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-29-2014, 10:43 AM   #12
csport
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

a couple jugs of distilled water, is cheap

Clean the posts, fill er up, and plug er in and walk away

I got one going, that had set in the woods, in a long deep holler, with the key on from december of 2013 to july/August 2014,

I hooked up my lestronics, the small silver one wouldn't even begin charging. after 3 days, the beast now lives and is waiting for my son and I to fix front axle or Passengers side CV joint
csport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 08:39 AM   #13
grassflatsfisher
Getting Wild

I built one of these carts to hunt on. Put a $99 lift and some 21" tires on it. The only upgrade I did was 4ga wiring, a 400amp alltrax, and an upgraded solenoid. That was more than 10 years ago and my buddy who bought it from me still uses it today. Runs like a champ and has hauled to many deer and turkey out to count. If runs about 15-17mph and has plenty of torque to climb the hills here in AL.
grassflatsfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 08:54 AM   #14
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

I think the OPs cart actually looks like a great starting point. The motor is likely fine & even if the controller were bad, i would still go for it. The cheapest (amd my least favorite) controller is a rebuilt unit.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 09:12 AM   #15
grassflatsfisher
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
I think the OPs cart actually looks like a great starting point. The motor is likely fine & even if the controller were bad, i would still go for it. The cheapest (amd my least favorite) controller is a rebuilt unit.
Funny you say that. The controller I put in that cart was a rebuilt alltrax I got from some guy on the east coast that fixes the alltrax. Can't remember his name but the name of his company was ev drives or ev something another. Great guy and very informative. I think I paid less than half price for it and its still running strong.
Old 12-30-2014, 04:25 PM   #16
sponder50
Not Yet Wild

Alright. My rookie self got a shop to check the motor and controller. They said they would put batteries in it and just charge the labor to see if the controller and motor is good. They said both are working fine and checking out. They put 6 - 36 Volt "Crown" batteries and rewired everything placing the 6 gauge wire with 4 gauge. He says the batteries are $120 each. I always hear about Trojans but not crowns. The shop said they have as good of luck with Crowns. Is this a good battery? He is charging me $950. This is the batteries, wires, labor, etc.

Obviously now, if I wanted to get the cart back as delivered to them, they would charge me the labor.

Any advice ? Going to get it tomorrow but want to make sure the $900 is a safe investment before I start the cosmetic work. Also, Grassflats--where in AL. I am in middle-east AL as well.
sponder50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 05:11 PM   #17
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Crowns are as good, if not better, than Trojan.

What model Crown Battery, they have about five grades ranging from 180AH to 260AH .

The de facto standard for a 36V pack is 225AH.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 05:16 PM   #18
grassflatsfisher
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by sponder50 View Post
Grassflats--where in AL. I am in middle-east AL as well.
I'm in Conecuh Co just N of Evergreen. You up around Auburn or Union Springs area?
Old 12-30-2014, 05:32 PM   #19
DaveTM
Gone Wild

FWIW, 4-ga. wire is Ok, but 2-ga. wire is better. A few years back, probably three now, I replaced my wiring with 4-ga. When this hunting season is over....in another month, I am going with 2-ga. welding cable and solder on ends for all of my wiring. (My battery's and those going to my ScottyB's SD Contactor, plus the wire's from the Contactor and Controller to the motor. Well.......if it's any type of battery wire....it's going to 2-ga. ....and it's gonna be soldered.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 05:34 PM   #20
sponder50
Not Yet Wild

East of Auburn on the GA line. Guy told me the cart as is-is worth $1500. I am simply worried that I cant get the $950 back out of it but may take the chance.
sponder50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO