lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-18-2015, 11:17 PM   #11
TFCM
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 2010 Carryall 2 / Error code 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
Exactly what kind of vehicle are you working on that gives you numeric error codes? I'm guessing a Carryall LSV with an AC controller and motor. I've never seen one.
David you are correct, I have two Carryall 2 LSV carts at the moment. The Curtis 1236 controller gives you the error codes with flashing LEDS. When I depress the throttle, I get the error code.

I've not had a chance to work on the cart this weekend. I'm studying the wiring diagram and having a bit of trouble. I'm hoping there is a diagram out there that gives a correlation to the pins on the controller.

It additionally would be VERY helpful to understand what the controller is expecting and in what order. The code is describing the KSI, direction, and throttle inputs being applied in an incorrect sequence. The second explanation of the code 47 talks about the emergency reverse. I have no idea what the emergency reverse is or even what it is for.

While the cart is offline I had a bit of work performed replacing the flat bed it came with. This one will fold up to give me additional seats. The fabricator that happens to be my cousin does fantastic work and I'm very happy with the way it turned out. Now I just need to get it going again.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0492.jpg (181.7 KB, 0 views)
TFCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-18-2015, 11:23 PM   #12
CCFanatic
DS Drivers Club Founder

Club Car

Does this help?
Controller.JPG
CCFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 08:31 AM   #13
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

I know if anybody here should be able to help you it should be me, but unfortunately these vehicles aren't a big thing in our market and I've never laid a hand on one. I'll do some asking around to see if I can find out anything.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 11:04 AM   #14
TFCM
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCFanatic View Post
Does this help?
Attachment 114231
Absolutely, thank you CCFanatic!
Old 01-19-2015, 11:10 AM   #15
TFCM
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
I know if anybody here should be able to help you it should be me, but unfortunately these vehicles aren't a big thing in our market and I've never laid a hand on one. I'll do some asking around to see if I can find out anything.
Thank you David I greatly appreciate your help!
Old 04-21-2015, 09:45 PM   #16
TFCM
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

This has been a learning experience for sure. I finally took the car down to the local Club Car dealer and they were very helpful. In the end it took them about an hour to repair the problem. (the technician knew his stuff) I've uploaded the wiring diagram to assist with describing what was repaired. On page 11-5 the Tan wire was broken off of the sonic weld 9 (S.W.9) in the wire loom. The most surprising troubleshooting fact was that the error code that we were seeing (error 47) was an error that normally displays on all of these controllers when you depress the accelerator if the key is off. I also believe that you will see the same error if you press the brake and accelerator at the same time. (The brake has a pressure disconnect that removes power from the controller.) Anyway at S.W. 9 the tan wire goes to the controller to pin 9 labeled Key Switch. So a simple voltage test at the controller pin 9 told us to start looking back toward the key switch. It all seems to make pretty good sense when those few facts are understood. The final trick was that there is no documentation about where S.W. 9 is in the loom. They called Club Car and it turns out to be directly under the passenger seat. I hope the helps anyone else that encounters this sort of problem.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2009_LSV.pdf (283.4 KB, 0 views)

Tags
error code 47
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car