lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-20-2015, 09:03 PM   #1
Nifrost
Not Yet Wild

Default Why do I need a bucket harness??

I'm going to be adding basic LED lights to my precedent soon after installing the lift and wheels that are currently on order. Since I'm not wanting any other electrical accessories (no radio, amp, horn, turn signals, etc) I'm not sure why I'd need to purchase the bucket harness.
What would be wrong with installing my 48-12v reducer and then running my own circuit for it, through a switch and to my LED head/tail lights? I've read the wisdom of the forum members and will be pulling of the entire pack to equalize the load, and already have my reducer in hand. I haven't seen anything about DIY light wiring without the bucket harness. What am I missing?

Thanks,
Nifrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-20-2015, 09:22 PM   #2
crash test dummy

Default Re: Why do I need a bucket harness??

nothing wrong with your ideas
Old 03-20-2015, 10:09 PM   #3
Nifrost
Not Yet Wild

Ok, good. That's probably the route I'll go. With all the discussion revolving around bucket harnesses, I thought I might be missing something (I do that occasionally. well, probably more than "occasionally"). :).

I appreciate the input.
Old 03-20-2015, 10:28 PM   #4
Revolution
Voltaholic

Mixed Breed

Its your ride, do what you want. I wire mine the way I want, you should too. I am not familiar with this bucket harness you speak of, but you can do just as good.
Revolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 10:39 PM   #5
Nifrost
Not Yet Wild

All I know is what I've read here....I understand that the 2008+ precedent don't come from the factory wired for lights. And that the "bucket harness" is available to extend the existing harness to the light locations.
So, is the primary benefit its "plug and play" ability for those who choose to not do their own wiring terminations?
Old 03-20-2015, 10:45 PM   #6
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nifrost View Post
All I know is what I've read here....I understand that the 2008+ precedent don't come from the factory wired for lights. And that the "bucket harness" is available to extend the existing harness to the light locations.
So, is the primary benefit its "plug and play" ability for those who choose to not do their own wiring terminations?
Yes. It makes everything plug and play, and for the price, it's worth it. However, there's nothing wrong with running your own wiring either.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 08:42 AM   #7
joe100
Gone Wild

Club Car

I've been retired for 6yrs and not much money to spend on the easy stuff, so I do all my own work on these things just a labor of love, keeps me busy. Good luck to you Joe100
joe100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car