lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-20-2016, 08:00 AM   #1
deepwood
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default 85 Cushman motor

I have been using info from this site for a long time and have had a lot of questions answered without asking a question. Thanks to all who share info so freely it is greatly appreciated.
I hope this is the right place to post a question about Cushman Trucksters?
My neighbor bought a 1985 48v Truckster without batteries and what looks like modified wiring. So before investing a lot we need to know how to test an 85 Cushman shunt wound motor to see if it runs.
Also any leads to wiring diagrams would be greatly appreciated.
JIm
deepwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-23-2016, 06:52 AM   #2
deepwood
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 85 Cushman motor

Found the answer at Cart*******.
Here is what I found, maybe it will be of use to someone else.
Jim

SERIES wound motor test:
Jack the rear tires of the ground and put the cart on jack stands...
Remove the main positive and negative cables form the battery pack...
Spray the 4 studs on the motor with a little penetrating oil...
Mark the cables then remove all four cables from the motor (use a wrench to hold the jam nuts)...
Put a jumper wire from a "A" terminal to an "S" terminal. (Example: A1 to S1)...
Then hook a 12 volt battery or 12 volt battery charger in the 15+ amp range to the remaining "A" and "S" terminal (Example A2 and S2)...

Testing a SepEx, Regen, Shunt Motor:
To test a SepEx, shunt wound regen motor you jump the S1 to A1 and the S2 to A2 terminals. This is two separate connections. Take 12V positive and hook to the S1/A1 combination and 12V negative goes to the S2/A2 combination.

If the motor spins it's good...
deepwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts