lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-21-2016, 10:19 AM   #1
Teachme
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default More torque when climbing...

Hey guys im new to the Golf cart world. I recently purchased a lifted club cart as we like to do a lot of camping. I have a building i store it in that has a ramp with a slight angle and when loading the cart there is a small bump i have to get over to get in . Now for the question the cart has to hit the bump moving or it wont go over it i get against it and it sets foot on the pedal but it wont climb it . Also when loading it on the truck with 7.5 foot ramps at a decent angle i have to hit them rolling or it wont climb them even when fully charged. I just bought this cart like a month ago from a place that builds them its lifted 6 inch i think they said with 21 inch tires. I am a little concerned as we are going camping this weekend and they have trails for golf carts i am a little concerned about my carts ability to climb the trails. We rented an ezgo last time we were there and it seemed to have alot more power than my club cart. Where should i start looking i am very good with electronics , wiring and the such. Thanks in advance for any help great site i look forward to helping out when i get up to speed. Pictured is my cart with the kids riding it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 13087839_10206207113962907_157381445503537450_n.jpg (75.5 KB, 0 views)
Teachme is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-21-2016, 01:26 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: More torque when climbing...

What is the year of the cart (first 2 digits of the serial #) and is it 36 or 48 volts?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 04:18 PM   #3
Teachme
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

AQ04 (2004) and its a 48 volt
Old 05-21-2016, 08:38 PM   #4
theboss20
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Smile Re: More torque when climbing...

Do you know how old your batteries are? Have you done any voltage testing on the batteries?
theboss20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 09:57 PM   #5
Teachme
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I do not and have not. I have volt meters what's best way to test.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Old 05-21-2016, 11:08 PM   #6
theboss20
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Smile Re: More torque when climbing...

Several things...total pack voltage after charging and then setting for about 6 hours...voltage reading on each battery to determine if they are equal...no need to remove any wires....load testing batteries by putting your meter on each battery and then driving cart under load conditions like up a hill...read the voltage...mark it down and then move the meter and repeat the test until you have tested all the batteries individually and marked down the results. What you are looking for is a battery that won't hold voltage under load...maybe more than one that would answer the question of why it can't climb the ramps. Be sure to check your battery water and look for any obvious corrosion on the cables. Then report back.
theboss20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 12:23 AM   #7
Teachme
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks will test today and let you know.

Old 05-22-2016, 08:21 AM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

04 48v ... IQ cart? whats the serial # or is there a lever or toggle F&R switch?
Old 05-22-2016, 01:23 PM   #9
Teachme
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Not sure what denotes lever or toggle. Its not a very big switch down below the seat.

Old 05-22-2016, 02:54 PM   #10
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

AQ 04 denotes an IQ drive system or sepex cart. The shift device is a rocker switch. yes?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car