lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-24-2016, 07:32 AM   #11
Molon Labe
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Electric Fuel Pump Yamaha G2

I replaced my crank seals but I think my pulse fuel pump is going bad and this sounds like a great idea for a replacement AND its cheaper than a new stock pump. I'm thinking what nzdrew is thinking though...can it be used like a stock pump somehow? Hoping to have the cart act like a stock cart and not run when you come to a stop and take your foot off the gas pedal. The micro switch idea sounds like it would work and it also sounds like the float needle valve would be able to close off fuel flow with a low pressure pump. I'm curious how this turns out so please keep me posted.
Molon Labe is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-24-2016, 04:21 PM   #12
nzdrew
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Yeah. We're feeling confident on the assumption that the switch actuates at the start of the accelerator travel rather than at the end - thoughts? Have decided to order the pump and give it go - $50NZD for a new pump compared to $250NZD for a pulse pump so it's worth the gamble. The cart is only used about five hours a month max so I'm prepared to let the cranks seals seep for a while longer before I tackle that job. I'll let you know.
nzdrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 06:56 PM   #13
Molon Labe
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I would assume it would be safer to run the power for the pump through a relay that is actuated by the foot pedal micro switch so you don't draw current through the micro switch itself but other than that I don't really see any reason why this wouldn't work. Keep me posted on this one
Molon Labe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 05:23 AM   #14
nzdrew
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Problem solved! We wired a low pressure fuel pump into the starter relay, so it's runs when the gas pedal is pressed. It was a 1-4 PSI pump. We had to adjust the float in the carb to make sure that it didn't flood and we thought it was still a bit over-fuelled so put a restrictor in-line as well. Buggy runs great. It's a medium term fix - at some stage we'll have to replace the crank seals, but given the low usage (about 5 hours a month) I'll keep an eye on the oil level and it should be ok for a while! Thanks all for your help!
nzdrew is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electric, fuel pump, yamaha g2 gas
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha