lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-08-2016, 07:23 PM   #1
Jenjengto
Not Yet Wild

Default Alltrax DCX300 blink code low voltage & motor overheating

Just bought 2001 Club Car DS 48V golf cart and had blown 2 battery terminals off while driving it to the house from a block away. The cables were bad, so I replaced them and the batteries that were damaged. Fully charged the system and drove it to find more issues. There is smoke and a burning smell coming from the motor and the Alltrax controller gives the 6 red blink code, low voltage, while it is sitting still and when driving it goes green. I need to get the cable to verify the low voltage slide on this controller and will let you know, but I measure 12.5 volts at the B+ and B-, which is from one side of the solenoid to the - of battery. The other side of the solenoid measures 50V. I finally was able to talk with the previous owner that indicated they had issues with the cart and just had the motor replaced with a reconditioned motor a month prior with the same symptoms. Not sure what is going on with this one, other than the improper settings in the controller, and if 12 V is reasonable for B+ and B- when sitting still. If the solenoid is not active, shouldn't it be 0V? The Any assistance or tips on this would be greatly appreciated.
Jenjengto is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-08-2016, 07:27 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Alltrax DCX300 blink code low voltage & motor overheating

Try to identify the cart make and model and year.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 08:28 PM   #3
Jenjengto
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Alltrax DCX300 blink code low voltage & motor overheating

I added it to the original post, but it's 2001 Club Car DS 48V
Jenjengto is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alltrax, motor controller
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car