lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-24-2016, 11:52 PM   #1
93G92016
Not Yet Wild

Default 1993 Yamaha G9 blowing oil out of fill tube

I just purchased my first gas golf cart and the motor dose not seen to burn oil but it blows oil all over the hole top of the motor and rear drivers side shock, wheel well and on the exhust I have traced it back to blowing out of the fill tube so I bought anew ruber plug and put it on but it still blowes oil out, I can not seem to figure out what is causing this and can not seem to find out how to fix or is the should be a lot of pressure blowing out of the oil fill tube any help would be great. Thanks in advanc.
93G92016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-25-2016, 11:47 AM   #2
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Default Re: 1993 Yamaha G9 blowing oil out of fill tube

How much oil you putting in. Its one quart.
If you did one quart and its still blowing oil out-check the carburetor for leaking fuel back into the crank case. Check your air filter for being clogged with oil.
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 12:18 PM   #3
93G92016
Not Yet Wild

I did a oil change and used one Qt. Of noble 1 10w30 when I first got it home I have checked and replaced the air cleaner it was dirty but did not seem to have any oil on it or in the air cleaner box, I have not messed with the fuel other than putting a new fuel filter in the tank, I will check the oil agian but it did not seem or smell like there was fuel in it. But thank you for the suggestion's I will recheck all.
Old 09-25-2016, 12:26 PM   #4
93G92016
Not Yet Wild

Also was messing with it more today and put a few thin layers of shirt under the rubber fill plug then pushed the plug back in to make it a really tight seal but it is still pushing oil out of there but now also seems like it is also pushing oil out of the valve cover gasket. Just can not figure why it is building what seems like a lot of pressure. I have took all the hoses off replaced any that where dry rotted and blew throw the rest to be sure there was not any plugs in them. Thanks agian.
Old 09-25-2016, 01:35 PM   #5
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Excessive crankcase pressure? Coming out of the valve cover is a one way check valve, never seen one go bad, but could hold pressure in. Coming out the valve cover at the gasket? Again would be rare that its pushing oil out, a leak yes, but would be a simple fix.

Wasted compression ring causing excess crankcase pressure? Another rare one- and the cart would run like crap
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 08:30 PM   #6
93G92016
Not Yet Wild

I have checked compression it is at 150psi cold, I left the compression tester on for about 10 min and it only lost about 1 psi. It seems like it runs good dose not seem to have a lot of power but it is a stock motor.
Old 07-28-2019, 05:52 PM   #7
kantuckian
Gone Wild

Keep For Future Ref
kantuckian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 01:00 PM   #8
BLACK FLAG
Not Yet Wild

So did anyone figure out the cause ?mine is doing same thing
BLACK FLAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha