lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-29-2016, 02:28 PM   #1
kruton
Not Yet Wild

Default winter battery storage

I bought new batteries for my 2004 Club Cart DS this year. I want to make sure they are in good condition next year. I live in Michigan and my cart will be staying at my property up north for the winter - the batteries are home with me. They will be stored where they wont freeze (or even get close).

Since I cannot keep the batteries in the cart and on the charger, what is the best way to store them for long term winter non-use? A trickle charger? Some other way? Any resources you can point me to for long term battery storage?

Thanks in advance for your help.
kruton is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-29-2016, 04:40 PM   #2
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: winter battery storage

Best storage advice is a cool location that stays above freezing and hooked up to a 48 volt FLOAT (outputting 53 volts) charger continually....
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 06:13 PM   #3
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Go with a trickle charger designed for 48 Volts. (I assume your pack is 48V) Your batteries will last much longer if you keep them fully charged during the winter.
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 06:35 AM   #4
Hunter450
Gone Wild

Club Car

Question....Can he bring his batteries, jumper wires and charger home with him and charge as though they were in the cart with a by-passed OBC configuration?
Hunter450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 09:43 AM   #5
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter450 View Post
Question....Can he bring his batteries, jumper wires and charger home with him and charge as though they were in the cart with a by-passed OBC configuration?
The only concern I would have with what you're asking is this. One needs to know that the charger in question is able to taper off delivered amperage to a minimum (1 or 2 amps?) as well as voltage no higher than 53 volts. Otherwise one needs to be mindful of increased outgassing and heat resulting in water loss.
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 12:21 PM   #6
Hecky50
Gone Wild
Club Car

Try one of these....http://www.granitedigital.com/saveabattery.aspx
Shop around prices vary.
Hecky50 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
batteries, winter storage
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car