lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-08-2016, 05:48 PM   #1
Leed1315
Not Yet Wild

Default Xtreme Green 72v UTV

I've comn across a 2013 Xtreme Green UTV thats like new with only 210 miles. Its a very nice machine run on 24 3.34 v Lithium batteries. I've got an ATV shop and small salvage yard but don't know much about golf carts. My mechanic at my shop is good with electrical but not sure where to go with this. The machine won't go you press the throttle and it flashed a code that is supposed to tell you whats wrong. We've called the company and they are of no help. They had some kind of trouble in 2013 and kind of re-started. They can't get me a manual for how to test anything. They sent me a generic wiring diagram that I don't even know for sure is exactly what I have. They act like a 2013 is an ancient machine for them. If I had payed $15-24k for one of these 3 years ago and couldn't get any info or parts 3 years later I would be beyond mad. What I know is the motor is good. The guy I'm checking it out for took it to a electric motor place and they said it is great. I happened to find a parts machine that has a controller that might work if that ends up being my problem. I guess I'm just looking for any help or places to start as far as testing. I may have an extra buggy utv project setup to sell once I decide what to do with this one and see what parts I need. Thanks for the help.
Leed1315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-22-2019, 05:25 PM   #2
Ben T Johnson
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Default Re: Xtreme Green 72v UTV Need Help

i two have aquired two of these beauties and have taken one completely apart trying to figure out the problem. I have gotten the controler to power up but still no movements. i think ome of my problems is that the police equipment on the vehicle was removed and they just cut wires. I wish i had some way of knowing how the comtroler works and its functions and then i could figure out where to look. a wire digram would help greatly. there are several thing i have figured out and working down the list. did you talk to someone ? i have not been able to get anyone
Ben T Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 08:02 PM   #3
Leed1315
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Xtreme Green 72v UTV

I just happened to notice your reply after 3 years :) I actually ended up selling the low miles one I had. I still have another that I'm kicking around trying to fix. Xtreme green I believe went out of business and rightly so. Their customer service and help was horrible. I tried and tried to get help and didn't get it, they would tell me they would call back and never did. If I fix this one I plan to just use the motor and see if i can buy a different controller to run it.
Leed1315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 04:54 PM   #4
ChiCruiser
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

I'm currently looking at picking up one of these. Have either of you been able to get yours up and running? I'm going to take a look at it on Thurs and if it runs am I in good shape?
ChiCruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 08:58 AM   #5
49ford
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

A cautionary tale. Look into it good. Out of business utv brands can give you grief. Mine is Bad Boy Buggies. You might not want your own story of woe.
49ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 08:12 PM   #6
ChiCruiser
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Well Gentlemen, I failed to heed your warning and bought. Does anyone have a repair/shop manual I can get? Much appreciated!
Old 01-28-2020, 10:57 AM   #7
ChiCruiser
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leed1315 View Post
I've comn across a 2013 Xtreme Green UTV thats like new with only 210 miles. Its a very nice machine run on 24 3.34 v Lithium batteries. I've got an ATV shop and small salvage yard but don't know much about golf carts. My mechanic at my shop is good with electrical but not sure where to go with this. The machine won't go you press the throttle and it flashed a code that is supposed to tell you whats wrong. We've called the company and they are of no help. They had some kind of trouble in 2013 and kind of re-started. They can't get me a manual for how to test anything. They sent me a generic wiring diagram that I don't even know for sure is exactly what I have. They act like a 2013 is an ancient machine for them. If I had payed $15-24k for one of these 3 years ago and couldn't get any info or parts 3 years later I would be beyond mad. What I know is the motor is good. The guy I'm checking it out for took it to a electric motor place and they said it is great. I happened to find a parts machine that has a controller that might work if that ends up being my problem. I guess I'm just looking for any help or places to start as far as testing. I may have an extra buggy utv project setup to sell once I decide what to do with this one and see what parts I need. Thanks for the help.
Any Chance you still have that wire Diagram? Luckily mine runs and charges just looking to get associated with the machine.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts