lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-11-2016, 07:50 AM   #1
Slimshad
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Looking to buy a 2011 CC got ???s

I am buying a cart from a pretty big reseller. Well they have a nice website anyway. I am getting a 48V CC Precedent with a 6" lift, 22" rims and rearseat. Seems pretty standard. After looking around on the internet I started seeing different size motors, controllers, speed sensors, magnets, etc.. What questions should I ask them about the motor and such? I have a steep hill at my lake camp that worries me. It has a new paved surface but steep and long. So torque will be needed. Teach me!
Slimshad is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-11-2016, 08:49 AM   #2
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Looking to buy a 2011 CC got ???s

Lifted carts with large wheels will struggle on hills with stock motor / controller.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 03:37 PM   #3
Nsane
Gone Wild

Club Car

Most resellers use stock motors and controllers because of cost. But you do want ask how old are the batteries, be careful as some have been burned and lied to by some big resellers.
Nsane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 09:10 AM   #4
dannyre
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimshad View Post
I am buying a cart from a pretty big reseller. Well they have a nice website anyway. I am getting a 48V CC Precedent with a 6" lift, 22" rims and rearseat. Seems pretty standard. After looking around on the internet I started seeing different size motors, controllers, speed sensors, magnets, etc.. What questions should I ask them about the motor and such? I have a steep hill at my lake camp that worries me. It has a new paved surface but steep and long. So torque will be needed. Teach me!
Just ask him if it's a stock motor and controller, and if not, what kind of motor and controller it has and see what you have to work with. For your application, stock will not cut it, especially with those tires ...
dannyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 08:38 PM   #5
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

to BGW

I wouldn't be surprised if it still has the stock drivetrain. People are all about how they look from the outside, and dealers know this.
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 09:12 PM   #6
Slimshad
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Guys I bought an EZGO. I got 2013 with brand new batteries. Felt like a great deal
Slimshad is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car