lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-15-2016, 09:19 PM   #1
mckayland
Not Yet Wild

Default heat sink

I've removed the Navitas controller from my BBB Classic to replace it with a rebuilt one. The aluminum heat sink was stuck to it with a white paste. Where can I buy more of it to apply when I re-install the controller?
mckayland is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-22-2016, 08:47 AM   #2
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

Default Re: heat sink

It's called "Thermal Joint Compound". Any electronics parts house, or electronic repair shop would have it (Radio Shack used to). A repair shop might even apply it for you for a box of donuts or something so you don't have to buy a tube. Wakefield-vette makes one, their part 120-8 but that's an 8oz size, like a ponds cold cream container. If you can't find locally and in a pinch, you can also use an anti-seize compound which is more readily available. The main purpose is to eliminate all air gaps between the controller and the heat sink to allow for maximum heat transfer away from the controller.
Tech Support is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 11:43 AM   #3
mckayland
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: heat sink

Great! Thanks for the info. I ordered a small container from Allied Chemicals that should do the job. I bought the non-silicone type which should work, I hope. That's a good tip about avoiding leaving air spaces.
Butch
mckayland is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts